150 quid dumpy bag off logs !!

defenderjack

Most I've seem a dumpy bag round my way is £90. Coal isn't cheap either wholesale or otherwise. Cheap house coal is costing my coal merchant £20-140 pounds per tonne delivered to his yard. He then has to make a profit having his time and fuel put into the equation. Its hard work as well. I've done the odd hour here and there with him. Lugging 50kg bags about all day is hard work. Some of his smokeless coal has to be sold at £22 a bag to make it profitable. No fuel is cheap anymore except alot of the logs advertised on ebay that is.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 8 months later...

I sell 0.75m3 dumpy bags of two year seasoned logs for £65 each. already delivered over 100 bags! First time i've advertised and it's been worth it i'm getting leaflets printed at the moment for a local leaflet drop as i hear that's the best way to get new customers. Also as a matter of personal interest i took a mixed dumpy bag of seasoned oak and beech to a friends weighbridge, it weighed 308kg.

Probably due to the increased popularity of log burners recently.

These yuppie types who dont like getting their manicured hands dirty have money to burn, literally!

I think maybe a lot of people with their new solid fuel stoves were fed a line about cheap wood by the salesman, they're in for a shock.

i think that if wood is too expensive those that have put in the wood burners will probably only use them for a year and the novelty will wear off? we try and offer our customers mixed loads and even softwood as a cheaper alternative to wholely hardwood loads - sellers selling wood too expensive are making a quick buck this time but probably doing more harm than good to the people whove been in this job a while - as yes they can always come back to us - but once bitten twice shy for alot of people and it may just be the excuse the housewife needs not to lite it ever again

just my opinion

j

im gettin £70 per ton and iv just ran out people even said if it was green it didnt matter first time iv had that.

Must be why I had a call from someone in Norwich yesterday wanting a load. I am 25 miles away and quoted him my log price (£75/m3) plus £50 for delivery. He was chuffed to bits. :thumbup:

:wtf: just been browsing the wonderfull web on log prices and i came across a company called LOGS2U any one heard of them ? sorry not sure on how to put link up ? but there prices are as follows

£150 .00 dumpy bag kiln dried logs

£120.00 " " seasoned logs

£99.00 " " Unseasoned logs ??

any one else think that is sodding ridiculas or is it just me ?:confused1:

oh but its ok though cos there firelighters are only a Quid ! lol

does anyone ever order logs at those prices?

I've never come across anyone who has up here (aberdeenshire). but then most of my customers are "careful" with their money.

Also the "highland tax" adds to the advertised prices.

:wtf: just been browsing the wonderfull web on log prices and i came across a company called LOGS2U any one heard of them ? sorry not sure on how to put link up ? but there prices are as follows

£150 .00 dumpy bag kiln dried logs

£120.00 " " seasoned logs

£99.00 " " Unseasoned logs ??

any one else think that is sodding ridiculas or is it just me ?:confused1:

oh but its ok though cos there firelighters are only a Quid ! lol

£75 a builders bag.....delivered to your door.......kilndried......

FOR ALL YOU YOUNG PUPS http://www.calu.bangor.ac.uk/Technical%20leaflets/050108woodfuelenergycontent.pdf

READ IT,,,READ IT AGAIN AND START MAKING YOUR COMMENTS ON HERE A LITTLE MORE INFORMED PLEASEEEEEEEEEE.........

your paying a premium for the kiln drying..........the rest of you who get your wood for free (or think they do) and sell and deliver it at less than cost FOR GOD SAKE SHUT UP AND INCREASE YOUR PRICES TO EQUATE THE ALTERNATIVES.........

that means the same as electicity/oil/gas/coal,,,,,,,ask mummy to look at the eleci bill.......... and dont forget the standing charges,not just the kwh rate..20% of my bill...

THEN COMPARE THE ENERGY VALUE ON THE CHART YOU SHOULD HAVE DOWNLOADED FROM THE BANGOR WEB SITE.......

HAVE A NICE DAY......CONSTRUCTIVE COMMENTS WELCOMED

Edited by BARNSLEY BOB

£75 a builders bag.....delivered to your door.......kilndried......

FOR ALL YOU YOUNG PUPS http://www.calu.bangor.ac.uk/Technical%20leaflets/050108woodfuelenergycontent.pdf

READ IT,,,READ IT AGAIN AND START MAKING YOUR COMMENTS ON HERE A LITTLE MORE INFORMED PLEASEEEEEEEEEE.........

your paying a premium for the kiln drying..........the rest of you who get your wood for free (or think they do) and sell and deliver it at less than cost FOR GOD SAKE SHUT UP AND INCREASE YOUR PRICES TO EQUATE THE ALTERNATIVES.........

that means the same as electicity/oil/gas/coal,,,,,,,ask mummy to look at the eleci bill.......... and dont forget the standing charges,not just the kwh rate..20% of my bill...

THEN COMPARE THE ENERGY VALUE ON THE CHART YOU SHOULD HAVE DOWNLOADED FROM THE BANGOR WEB SITE.......

HAVE A NICE DAY......CONSTRUCTIVE COMMENTS WELCOMED

youve qouted me so im guessing that was aimed at me ? but im not really sure what getting at i agree that kiln dried wood demands a premium but il stick to my guns when i say 99 quid for a bag of UNSEASONED logs of sodding ridiculas , your very patronising but dont worry when my mummy comes round later il get her to help me download the great bagnor energy chart and will look it over with a cup of warm milk before she tucks me in :001_tongue:

HAVE A NICE DAY ...........