Now There’s A Suprise...Not

5 shires

5 hours ago, Ty Korrigan said:

I didn't need to apply, lockdown didn't restrict us and €1500 per month is a risible amount compared to what may be turned over.

Just continued as our normal busy self then got even busier during lockdown when others were refusing to work.

I couldn't get groundies at first so got used to self motivated lone working on small to medium jobs then with a local paysagiste whose own staff refused to work and an excellent climber who didn't qualify for the aid, between us we cracked on with the commune contracts without the public walking through our barriers or protesting our felling of trees.

I really enjoyed lockdown and positively profited from it and am slightly shellshocked by it being lifted and dealing with traffic and people again.

I felt the same after returning to the UK after cycling across Australia in 2009.

I do know that many self employed expats who could have worked safely were tempted by the governments largesse and the €1500 is actually more than they would net normally.

Stuart

You did not have to stop working, there was no temptation, you either qualified for it or you didn’t.

You just had to show what you turned over in March 2020 was 30% less than March 2019, then they gave you the money.

You could not opt for it at the beginning of March as it wasn’t in place then, it only became available at the end of March.

Of course if you had a rubbish March 2019 and a decent March 2020 you didn’t qualify.

Edited by Mick Dempsey
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Haironyourchest said:

Is there an alternative reward?

When I said riches I meant 40k a day, not 40k a year.

People say communism would lead to a downward spiral into the depths of depravity.

The world hasnt yet seen communism, only perverted attempts at it. Maybe its only natural for the cleverest to want to fuck everyone else over for the biggest slice.

The average wealth of uk top 1000 is abt 770 mil, but obviously its a range. All of them have been taking more out of life than a fruit picker. They know thick people dont deserve what the clever ones get

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tree-fancier123 said:

The world hasnt yet seen communism, only perverted attempts at it.

That old Chestnut. :D Honestly? Thats your answer to all the failed attempts at Communism? The 'right' Communism has not been tried yet? So we'll just keep killing millions upon millions to the 'right' Communism is found? 

download (1).jpg

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, tree-fancier123 said:

When I said riches I meant 40k a day, not 40k a year.

In your opinion is selling a £20 product to a few million people wrong? Should people be banned from buying the product or should the person selling the product have his money taken away from him? Your POV is very confusing. 

• Like 1