Possible upgrade from vermeer sc252

swinny

Your only options seem to be a p28 or a fsi d30. 

The fsi gives you a tiny more depth, 20% more sweep and a quiter engine with more torque at the downside of having a cooling system to maintain. 

My vote is the d30 track with blade for most versatility, then d30 wheels for weight, then the p28/38 for price. The 38 will drink as if there’s no tomorrow but will deliver more torque (still less than the d30) and is quiter. Cheapest upgrade is a 38hp on your existing grinder. 

• Like 1

Would you recommend a sc252? I’ve got a predator 360 at the moment and looking at getting a bit bigger machine.

I like them but they are getting on a bit now, will get through most gateways but as soon as you are on any slopes or mud you want dual wheels on , minute each side with an impact wrench.

Agree josh , we had one on demo and I think even the rep was embarrassed by it , 252 would run rings actually cutting stumps around it, hydraulic powered cutting wheels just don’t seem to be there yet in putting down cutting torque...

your bandits has a belt driven head ?

I love the massive sweep on the fsi. Only problem.with the FSI is the price, you need a mortgage.... Then you have to deal with spectrum plant aswell.....

Always see bandit 2250n etc for sale low hours and seen people say not enough puff with the HYD motor.

Bandit zt..... Not sure. It seems with bandits everyone raves about them and then some give false reviews about them. Also 12" grind depth is utter shite.... Don't care what anyone says. Any stump of any decent size needs a proper grind not a back scratcher.

Predators seem to be able to be had for decent brass second hand. Are they a bit top heavy at all?

The 252 has been and is a great grinder. Wouldn't want to take a step backwards.