Possible upgrade from vermeer sc252

swinny

Just wondering on peoples thoughts on an upgrade from a vermeer sc252. 

For starters I will say I always do a proper grind, not just a 6" under the surface kind. The 252 has been an awesome grinder and I've tackled some big stumps with it 4' dia etc....

Im possibly looking for something with better traction, wants to be narrower as the 35" can sometimes be a hindrance. Most likely something tracked? but havent discounted decent wheel'd version.

I've seen the predator 28 and 38 etc would love a diesel due to fuel saving but think the engine noise from the 28 is horrendous or thats how i remembered it!

Not bothered about new, Ideally 10-12k budget no more.

Important for the machine to be a deep grind one 16-18" etc not just a surface scratcher lol

Any suggestions?  Have even considered having the 252 mounted on tracks but not sure who can do this or how much it would be.

Cheers

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

One guy on here had no end of bother with the 28 hp predator, shook itself to bits.

I’ve had two raycos, the 25 hp one, which is very similar to the vermeer,

and now the 35 hp petrol one which is great, reliable and willing.

I would go yankee if possible, seem better built.

yours wheel'd or tracked Mick?

We have had no problems with predator machines or there service, we are on our second machine from them with no major issues, we had a small drive problem with our first one and there service was spot on. 
I can’t recommend them highly enough, I certainly won’t look at other grinders unless they seriously drop the ball.

I can’t say the 28 I use rattles it’s self to bits, it’s been faultless.

Im not saying other machines won’t be as good, but the predators are a decent machine with first class service, this is not to sniffed at, he best machine will give up at some point but good support, fast parts delivery/service makes the difference between a happy customer or one who tells the world it’s crap!

35 minutes ago, Will C said:

We have had no problems with predator machines or there service, we are on our second machine from them with no major issues, we had a small drive problem with our first one and there service was spot on. 
I can’t recommend them highly enough, I certainly won’t look at other grinders unless they seriously drop the ball.

I can’t say the 28 I use rattles it’s self to bits, it’s been faultless.

Im not saying other machines won’t be as good, but the predators are a decent machine with first class service, this is not to sniffed at, he best machine will give up at some point but good support, fast parts delivery/service makes the difference between a happy customer or one who tells the world it’s crap!

Who do you use for your dealer and parts?

Didn't that Charles bloke give up and move on?

1 hour ago, swinny said:

Who do you use for your dealer and parts?

Didn't that Charles bloke give up and move on?

We go direct to the guys at Preditor, we have delt with them since before they had a dealer network.

charles was arb rep wasn’t he, apparently he moved back to South Africa but I’m not 100% on that.