346XP

AngrySquirrel

Well my bag of sprockets id ordered on whim as a deal from Choogie land even says Oregon on them!??

But does make me wonder if they are getting them made there themselves!???

So thought would have a look/poke around! with chain so can see teeth but not tips it was binding but found when catching chain was tight then once past slack so got cover off and padded bar studs out did bar up so could see as best as could rim sprocket area but didnt show too much but did notice it was every so often like out of step so adjusted tension but would still do it and thats with new chain also.

So thought ha clutch off and try one of the new Choogie Express ones even though when compared together seemed same!

Well now runs ok it seems will check again before use just to make sure but thinking of replacing bar anyway got my eye on the Sugi Hara pro lam as £28 plus. have choice of 10 or 11 tooth sprocket so go with 11 unless?

The other choice is stay with 058 or go to 050?

Have 15" atmo but guess the 050 enables to go longer esp if use skip chain not sure what the max bar is for 346XP 45cc?

Mind 15 fits in my Electrolux/Husky bag 16 i guess at a push but have 20" on other saw.

Now had a longer look at that rim sprocket on 1 or 2 slots it looks like bottom of teeth have been pushed harder into metal so could be something to be mindful of for others having issues

39 minutes ago, peatff said:

It would be quicker to write China if that's what it means ? 10 or 11 tooth sprockets ? you're going to need longer chains to fit those. Were they on eBay ?

No got offered a deal on rim sprockets from them so took a chance for price.

Sugi Hara in some have 10 or 11 tooth bar ends

WWW.CHAINSAWBARS.CO.UK

[HUSKY3] BC2M-8J37-A Sugihara Pro Lam 15"[38cm] .325 .058 64 drive links

www.chainsawbars.co.uk/product/husky3-bc2m-8h37-a-sugihara-pro-lam-small-nose-15-325-058-64-drive-links/

15 minutes ago, AngrySquirrel said:

The one that seems faulty came from northern bars as a kit drum.bearing and rim sprocket

Well that's not a surprise. Use Oregon or genuine IMHO

Buy cheap buy twice.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Toad said:

I wonder if he means the nose sprocket?

I assumed he did as a 346 should be a standard 7 pin rim ore an 8 pin on a ported saw ( up to 15" bar )  As mentioned any thing bigger will need a non standard drive link count  but would bog down anyway .

• Like 1