346XP

AngrySquirrel

38 minutes ago, AngrySquirrel said:

Hi is it a worth while conversion?

Only you can answer that one, how much you going to use it. My 50cc 346's are my default saw when on the ground, unless on large stuff.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, adw said:

Leave as is if it's running ok, please don't spoil with a crappy Chinese cylinder, this will also de value it.

Talking of Chinese bat wings cylinders you tried buying anything these days? end up having to buy Chinese bits even if get something from Yanky land 99% it's come from china then been jacked on pricing.

So often in the end best to just buy direct as much as i hate it.

Measure the compression, one pull should be circa 75psi and then around 170psi after 6 pulls. If it is considerably lower, there is wear. The first pull can be quite indicative of issues. 346XPs often feel low on the handle!

If low, roughen the bore lightly with a hone and fit a new Meteor piston, it will last many more years.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, htb said:

Only you can answer that one, how much you going to use it. My 50cc 346's are my default saw when on the ground, unless on large stuff.

It's pretty useful saw must admit even handy to keep in boot for those stormy days when trees are all over the road!

I only do trees  now and again so not my main thing more for the fun of it and being out in the open plus learning new things

10 hours ago, peatff said:

It doesn't work like that. If you take the Nikasil plating off the bore it needs replating.

Can always get it re nikasiled. friend did his Super moto bike mmm now that would be an interesting chainsaw engine! 500cc single was a Looney machine had it all rebuilt inc nikasil mind did seize it so had to redo it all! carb issue