Started temp job to make ends meet for a while?

Squaredy

Minimum wage is now over £1200 per month full time.  Not to be sniffed at as a stop gap.  But yes I am sure there are plenty of jobs paying more.

Well that would cover my house rent,yard rent, and machinery payments.
And nothing else.
Bills? Food?
Nah.....

Loads of diy  projects going on atm  & a builders vans out and about also, more than normal i reckon, but  less general traffic.

Wonder if scewfix etc have had record sales over last week or so?

sales of electricals and DIY products were up 42% and 14% respectively,

All the second homers "self isolating" have must of decide they need jobs doing. Can't see how realistically they are sticking to the 2m rule etc.

Edited by Stere

Noticed you posted a photo yesterday of the yard and looked well stocked with firewood. Small looking stuff from the photo and not sure how much you have but just an idea. Couple of guys one here always posting for chip picked for the power stations, Not worth doing ??

calling all arborists in the west midlands area and beyond

Drax power station is a large biomass and coal-fired power station in North Yorkshire, England, capable of

That's about 10-12 cube in the background. It's about 10% of what goes through my yard over a year.
Way too little for the chip guys.
It's firewood fir next winter.
[emoji106]
  • Like 1

This kind of job would be ideal atm as can work from home.

WWW.WALESONLINE.CO.UK

Betsi Cadwaladr brought in the consultant to help save money

& can do helpful stuff like explain to nurses how they can save the NHS money by working longer shift rotas.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drinksloe said:

U may be lucky but a lot of cutters are sitting at home the now and only get worse if mills not selling timber, building trade/timber yards all shut down up here.

Ive had a few Builders I know either asking me to mill timber for them or if I have any in stock, so they can keep going. Larch Cladding, 2x4" 2x6" etc. Would have been bloody perfect if I was at home. Typical.

39 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Ive had a few Builders I know either asking me to mill timber for them or if I have any in stock, so they can keep going. Larch Cladding, 2x4" 2x6" etc. Would have been bloody perfect if I was at home. Typical.

Send them my way Andy ?