Covid-19

Ratman

32 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Did I come across as unfriendly? Which part of my post indicated that? 

Im offended at the way you types Sky and BBC, it came across as really aggressive.....

surely my emoji is an indicator of the sort of chap I am? I do not like conflict and want to give everyone a hug

Edited by Tippin Alaybye

I know you do love love love a question but I didn’t ask one I was merely putting up some evidence of what I’d heard on the radio this morning 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️Simples 
I apologise, my mistake, I misread your post. You didn't ask a question. However I'm sure you were trying to make some kind of point, and it probably wasn't in favour of vaccination, but I may be wrong .................. great news if you have finally seen the light.

Just now, Tippin Alaybye said:

surely my emoji is an indicator of the sort of chap I am? I do not like conflict and want to give everyone a hug

Not really. Its hard to ascertain someone's personality over a such a small number of posts and fairly sporadic ones at that. 

Im certainly not conflict adverse but there's more to me that that. :) (note emoji) As with a lot of things in life discussing the same issues in person would alleviate a lot of the toys out of the pram scenarios we have here today. Some would be resolved with a fist and others with a beer, then maybe a hug. :D 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, sime42 said:
27 minutes ago, Johnsond said:
I know you do love love love a question but I didn’t ask one I was merely putting up some evidence of what I’d heard on the radio this morning 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️Simples 

I apologise, my mistake, I misread your post. You didn't ask a question. However I'm sure you were trying to make some kind of point, and it probably wasn't in favour of vaccination, but I may be wrong .................. great news if you have finally seen the light.

God you don’t like to be wrong do you but this time yep you are. 

No point to make just an interesting and surprising feature on the radio nothing more or less. Don’t keep apologising man. 

i'm a sarky sod but always in good jest. this does get me into trouble even with face to face dialogue, never mind written.

I haven't punched anyone in 40 years, my last beer was...let me see, what time is it now?

i'm a Gemini, I like musical theatre, toy poodles, self grooming and my partner and I enjoy watching Dancing with the Stars and a good bottle of Blue Nun. There, you know all there is to know about me now

Edited by Tippin Alaybye

17 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Im fine when news outlets stick to facts and figures and not opinion pieces. Its good to get a broad spectrum of left and right bias to form a balanced view. I assume you do the same? 

no, like most i'm heavily into confirmation bias. there is only one person more right than me and that is my wife

• Haha 1

God you don’t like to be wrong do you but this time yep you are. 
No point to make just an interesting and surprising feature on the radio nothing more or less. Don’t keep apologising man. 
Fair enough. Guilty as charged, I don't like to be wrong. I'm sure that less than admirable trait has got worse since I've been on here. I must have been learning from the best!

1 hour ago, sime42 said:

BAME = most religious
Under-30s = biggest users of social media
Those in most deprived areas = most distrusting of authority.

Easy.

I’m none of the above and I’m still not sure on the vaccine. Not anti vaccine at all. It’s just been rushed through for fairly obvious reasons. So they is no clue on any longer term side effects.

• Like 6

Just now, Richard 1234 said:

I’m none of the above and I’m still not sure on the vaccine. Not anti vaccine at all. It’s just been rushed through for fairly obvious reasons. So they is no clue on any longer term side effects.

This is the thing. And it makes far more sense that a sizable portion in the medical feel the same way other than labeling them all religious nuts and young people under 30 who are manipulated by social media. We're talking fairly if not highly intelligent individuals who it could be argued are happy to let others be the guinea pigs. Considering these people are at the front line of Covid and see day to day the actual effects it has on people, not the media driven hysteria and still would rather wait and see, or have taken stock of the actual victims does make you pause and think.   

To blame religion is simplistic and lazy. And for what possible reason would being religious stop you taking this vaccine? Is the implication that these same people do not have all the other vaccines that are normal to take in the UK? Would they be allowed to work in hospitals without them? Its simply lazy ignorance and a smattering of racism if im honest to label everyone other than whites as religious. 

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

Religious people are, on average, less intelligent than atheists, researchers claim.

11 minutes ago, Richard 1234 said:

long term side effects are not really a thing with vaccines. the only long term problem I could find was this

In 1955 about 200 people were paralyzed and ten died after contracting polio from the Salk polio vaccine, certain lots of which contained virus that had not been inactivated in spite of manufacturers’ adherence to federal government standards.

the MMR ones and the whooping cough ones were debunked