Solving the Housing Problem!

Billhook

4 hours ago, Rough Hewn said:

Ban multiple home ownership, buy to let and off shore ownership.

House prices would plummet, and we'd all be able to afford one.
emoji848.png

I disagree with this entirely. I dont own two houses but why should I not be entitled to own a second just because those who cant be arsed to earn enough to afford one moan about it? Second homes and buy-to-let are already heavily penalized anyway.  May be they should reflect on their life choices.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Rough Hewn said:

Ban multiple home ownership, buy to let and off shore ownership.

House prices would plummet, and we'd all be able to afford one.
emoji848.png

the communist method, because of course it works so well in Venezuela.

If house prices plummet then pretty much everyone who bought a house in last 20 years is immediately into negative equity. May as well hand the keys back and pop there goes the banking sector again.

With banks not lending who is going to build the homes ? Oh thats right no-one so the property shortage would get massively worse.

Trouble with dunces like this is they have the vote.

• Like 3

the communist method, because of course it works so well in Venezuela.
If house prices plummet then pretty much everyone who bought a house in last 20 years is immediately into negative equity. May as well hand the keys back and pop there goes the banking sector again.

With banks not lending who is going to build the homes ? Oh thats right no-one so the property shortage would get massively worse.

Trouble with dunces like this is they have the vote.

Cmon Donk, it's an opinion.
I'm not insulting you am I?

I disagree with this entirely. I dont own two houses but why should I not be entitled to own a second just because those who cant be arsed to earn enough to afford one moan about it? Second homes and buy-to-let are already heavily penalized anyway.  May be they should reflect on their life choices.

Can't be arsed???
I thought you'd know me better by now.
[emoji23][emoji12][emoji106]

3 hours ago, Rough Hewn said:

Can't be arsed???
I thought you'd know me better by now.
emoji23.pngemoji12.pngemoji106.png

I was meaning people in general. Many seem to give the impression of no being arsed to get a real education, or an apprenticeship and the dedication and time required to build a career after that then complain when they are stuck in a perpetual cycle of renting and low paying work. They then expect the system to change to accommodate them. It does not and should not work that way.

I know you work hard, but you also need to work smart. If you find yourself in a situation where you cant get a mortgage with your chosen career then its you that needs to change that and not expect the system to change to suit you. Maybe you have a Mortgage but as I its not directed at you, just picking up on your comment. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

I was meaning people in general. Many seem to give the impression of no being arsed to get a real education, or an apprenticeship and the dedication and time required to build a career after that then complain when they are stuck in a perpetual cycle of renting and low paying work. They then expect the system to change to accommodate them. It does not and should not work that way.

I know you work hard, but you also need to work smart. If you find yourself in a situation where you cant get a mortgage with your chosen career then its you that needs to change that and not expect the system to change to suit you. Maybe you have a Mortgage but as I its not directed at you, just picking up on your comment. 

So people on the Nat min wage all 2M or so of them need to work smart and get a higher paying job so that they can afford to buy a house? then who is going to to do all the lower paid work? if it came to this Thank god for Brexit  Lol.