Opico Skidster or sherpa mini loaders

swinny

8 hours ago, william127 said:

I've used them for brackets before 👍 

Did you get a rake or a muck fork from them?👍

Tempted to make my own rake but the next couple of weeks are manic, be nice to just have one on its way to me!

it was just the rake i got from them, very well made

i got a muck grab, got a second hand one as wanted one with decent bottom tines 

and paid about 700 including putting an avant bracket and avant coupling on it, so saved a few quid too

20240519_183957.jpg

20231225_101536 (1).jpg

20231225_142937.jpg

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Mark Bolam said:

Doobin and I discussed fabbing up a rake but reckoned by the time you’d bought the steel and tines you wouldn’t be a lot better off than just buying one.

You're probably right..

If there are some cheap tines in the farm sale I'm on my way to I have an idea for an ultra cheap, ultra quick one but if not I'll probably just order one 👍

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stihl123 said:

it was just the rake i got from them, very well made

i got a muck grab, got a second hand one as wanted one with decent bottom tines 

and paid about 700 including putting an avant bracket and avant coupling on it, so saved a few quid too

20240519_183957.jpg

20231225_101536 (1).jpg

20231225_142937.jpg

Very smart 👍👍

Nearly done, need to give it another quick coat of hammerite and then bolt the tines on properly.  

Realised the only bit that's my idea not shamelessly copied from here is the quick and easy  way of just poking the tines through and pinching them down , and thats hardly original 🤣👍

Total cost is looking- 

Rsj 15 quid (bought 2 while I was there) 

Tines, £1 each, £10

Nuts bolts washers, sub £10.

Paint and studding from stock, but let's say £10.

Consumables £10

£55. 

Time- 1 hour running about, 2 hours to make it, an hour extra sanding and painting. 

If I end up liking it when I use it and I feel the need I'll add a proper headstock for the loader. Or if it works OK on the forks I suppose I could just add a digger headstock, 1 rake, 2 machines. 

(OBVIOUSLY the forks are upside down in the picture, I wasn't turning them over just to check my measurements! They're light but not that light 😆 )

20240722_144152.jpg

20240721_143611.jpg

20240721_122917.jpg

20240721_145806.jpg

• Like 4