srt set up

John Shutler

this is my set up

11mm mammut power static access line

petzle lefthand ascender(note: you do not actually hold the ascender you put your hand through the loop and hold the access line, using your hands is only really keeping you upright and to advance the footloop thats attached to it)

croll(when you stop the croll holds your weight the krabs and short slings attach on the points to the left and right of your bridge if you are using the treemotion)

the bit of elastic on the croll goes around your neck and kinda keeps it in position, variation on rupes inner tube idea which i used to use

footloop

pantin

the ascender backs up the croll

SDC10007.jpg.29a1fcbc73479c425a11e442535efe14.jpg

SDC10005.jpg.c533e07eae6df5e55f016501962fa5a0.jpg

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i tend to take up my climbing line in another bag, srt as far as i can climb the last little bit to top anchor then drop my climbing line down in the bag. im sure someone else can give you more info but you have to be aware of the forces your srt anchor point is being subjected to

not tempted but two handled ascenders and two pantins? very quick but complicated,

i have only ever climbed on srt type setups for installing pine marten and bird boxes, using the set up in your pics and its a nice easy set up that us fatties can use for getting into the tree easily,

So you use that set up on a treemotion John by attaching the 2 biners on short slings to the central side D,s (not the hip D,s something unique to this type of harness).

Instead of a sling tetherr to the handled ascender i've been using strong elastic i find it more comfortable, i've also been thinking of replacing the handled ascender for a petzl basic as i find the handle can foul the croll which is annoying.

So you use that set up on a treemotion John by attaching the 2 biners on short slings to the central side D,s (not the hip D,s something unique to this type of harness).

Instead of a sling tetherr to the handled ascender i've been using strong elastic i find it more comfortable, i've also been thinking of replacing the handled ascender for a petzl basic as i find the handle can foul the croll which is annoying.

yep thats right mate, my first setup was anchored off the ring on the bridge, but this is much better,

i was thinking about changing the sling(its actually spliced holow braid ) the other day. i hear what your saying about the ascender as well, and was thinking about trying it with another croll or even a rope grab type thinng as its only really there to advance the footloop and back up the croll