srt set up

John Shutler

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the set up I have been using for a while now. Similar to John's set up. Have moved double attachment back to single carabina attachment to bridge, just because i prefer it. Have changed hand ascender to another croll as I found the bottom of the hand ascender was opening the bottom croll on each movement.

Image129.jpg.fdc0d4ad603364dfe3c54c28a965aeca.jpg

This is a new set up I have just started using.

Have got the petzl croll chest harness from the sequoia, replacing the elastic cord around neck...just to try and due to the fact I have lost items to co-worker!

And then put a petzl shunt as back up....hand goes through sling and onto rope for support...I've found this very smooth.

Image124.jpg.82e8375efadd89978e709fef3a5786fd.jpg

Image128.jpg.b635b80ca3b13ecfd13b44294dd2e653.jpg

Also if you needed...like forgot rope for example you can decend.

Image127.jpg.bd30a691c29c227540f9392fa8ba71b5.jpg

This is the set up I have been using for a while now. Similar to John's set up. Have moved double attachment back to single carabina attachment to bridge, just because i prefer it. Have changed hand ascender to another croll as I found the bottom of the hand ascender was opening the bottom croll on each movement.

[ATTACH]27124[/ATTACH]

This is a new set up I have just started using.

Have got the petzl croll chest harness from the sequoia, replacing the elastic cord around neck...just to try and due to the fact I have lost items to co-worker!

And then put a petzl shunt as back up....hand goes through sling and onto rope for support...I've found this very smooth.

[ATTACH]27125[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]27126[/ATTACH]

Also if you needed...like forgot rope for example you can decend.

[ATTACH]27127[/ATTACH]

id been thinking about replacing the ascender with another croll as well, as i find that the length of the ascender somtimes makes the system quite messy, like the idea of your second set up

Thats some sexy looking kit. If you get the time a review of the kit would be fantastic. Is the ropeman style device attached to the cord on the ascender to lift it?

How secure is the cam on the ascender?

Can you release the cam on the foot ascender with a flick like you can with a pantain or do you reach and open the cam with your foot?

Do the straps slip on the foot ascender if you climb with it on all day?

Thats some sexy looking kit. If you get the time a review of the kit would be fantastic. Is the ropeman style device attached to the cord on the ascender to lift it?

How secure is the cam on the ascender?

Can you release the cam on the foot ascender with a flick like you can with a pantain or do you reach and open the cam with your foot?

Do the straps slip on the foot ascender if you climb with it on all day?

its all brand new so no idea yet!

im thinkig that a small bungee from the duck to the hand ascender to lift it,

there is no hole for a carabiner to secure the cam, your thumb holds the cam shut-it fits the hand nice and this stuff is all about weight saving,

had the foot ascender on today and it flicks offf just like a pantin and it stays in place a bit better than the pantin,

the straps didnt move all day unlike the pantin which i had to stitch to stop them moving.

ill let you know how it goes when ive spent some time on it.

there is no hole for a carabiner to secure the cam, your thumb holds the cam shut-it fits the hand nice and this stuff is all about weight saving,

My thinking is that this gear is designed for emergency rock/mountain climbing gear, i.e. its small and lightweight so you can carry it and not use it but its there for emergencies as apposed to our usage where lightweight/size is not really important but ability to back up and foolproof usage is important. We are effectively workign in industrial heights situations and I think our gear needs to be a bit more robust than this nice looking stuff.

Id be interested to see how you get on with it though, it all looks good!