Has the world changed?

Old Mill Tree Care

5 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Yeh, Norgies are hard work. I have a crew of 7 of them on this job and its a bad enough trying to drag them out the recreation room to do a few hours work. :D 

Yeh, off-shores kicked off again big time. Nows the time to push for another significant wage rise, Im just biding my time. :D I'll rape them again. 

Im a local a local Norgie Contract. I pay all my tax to Norway, but also get full NAV benefits too. 40 weeks Paternity leave last year. (I took the cash instead, the greedy bugger that I am) :D 3000nok a month Child Benefit, Norgie State Pension for the last 10 years etc etc. 

You are telling lies

You can't take cash for paternity  leave

2 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

As soon as you get your Norwegian Passport, pass your Bergen test (speak fluent Norwegian) and move to Stavanger. The Norgies have really closed ranks lately. And 400,000nok is not nearly enough for a families income. OK if you're single, use public transport and really really like Ramen Noodles. :D 

You are telling yet more lies.

Getting a Nog passport means giving up your other one.

If speaking fluent Norsk was mandatory, half the oil workers would be gone.

400k is an average wage,many make more,many make less.

• Like 1

Just now, Mike Hill said:

You are telling lies

You can't take cash for paternity  leave

You are telling yet more lies.

Getting a Nog passport means giving up your other one.

If speaking fluent Norsk was mandatory, half the oil workers would be gone.

400k is an average wage,many make more,many make less.

Please dont call me a liar. I am noting of the sort. Rather ask me to explain how I can take the 40 weeks Paternity leave as a cash payment instead and then asses as if you still believe Im lying. 

Yes, you cant currently hold dual nationality/two passports in Norway, although that could be soon changing. I never stated I have a Norwegian Passport, nor do I want one. It was a joke.....

Fluent Norwegian is for the workshop job in question, not the oil sector as a whole and within my company only. Its not written but as I mention, they have closed ranks somewhat and have added various clauses to the contracts stating Bergen Tests for example. This was already in place when my wife went for a Lab Tech Position 5 years ago, she had all the qualifications and could get by with her Norwegian but it was stipulated she needed the Bergen Test.

Engineering positions are more in demand and suitable candidates are of course picked from around the the world depending on qualifications and time in the field, but we where talking about an entry level workshop position on 350,000-450,000nok not 600,000nok plus Office based jobs. 

Why you think Id make this up is beyond me. :/ 

9 hours ago, aspenarb said:

Tradesman day rates 2017/2018

The UK average daily rates for the some of the more popular trades include:

• Carpenters: £120 – £150
    • Bricklayer:  £155
    • Labourer: £100 – £160
    • Electricians: £150 – £200
    • Plumbers: £150 – £200
    • Builders: £120 – £200
    • Gardeners: £90 – 

Are  these self employed day rates or paye employee rates?  

1 minute ago, trigger_andy said:

Please dont call me a liar. I am noting of the sort. Rather ask me to explain how I can take the 40 weeks Paternity leave as a cash payment instead and then asses as if you still believe Im lying. 

Yes, you cant currently hold dual nationality/two passports in Norway, although that could be soon changing. I never stated I have a Norwegian Passport, nor do I want one. It was a joke.....

Fluent Norwegian is for the workshop job in question, not the oil sector as a whole and within my company only. Its not written but as I mention, they have closed ranks somewhat and have added various clauses to the contracts stating Bergen Tests for example. This was already in place when my wife went for a Lab Tech Position 5 years ago, she had all the qualifications and could get by with her Norwegian but it was stipulated she needed the Bergen Test.

Engineering positions are more in demand and suitable candidates are of course picked from around the the world depending on qualifications and time in the field, but we where talking about an entry level workshop position on 350,000-450,000nok not 600,000nok plus Office based jobs. 

Why you think Id make this up is beyond me. :/ 

Because you come on here beating your chest,telling half truths and lies.

I have been in Norway 12 years,speak it fluently,know dozens of oil workers and have a family member that is a lawyer in NAV.

Just now, Mike Hill said:

Because you come on here beating your chest,telling half truths and lies.

I have been in Norway 12 years,speak it fluently,know dozens of oil workers and have a family member that is a lawyer in NAV.

No half truths, no chest beating no lies. :) Other than getting the 40 weeks papa leave wrong anything else?

Then ask your NAV Lawyer about the agreement/loop hole regarding rotating Oil Field workers and why we can officially take the Papa Leave payments as either 40 weeks at 100% or longer at 80%. Would you like proof? I have a folder full of that shit. :D  They are trying to put a stop to it but its still in place as of now. I'd get that again this year if my missus was working or studying full time, but at only 50% she/we do not qualify. 

I'll just make do with the 10 x 7,500nok payments for each kid when they dont go to a Norwegian Nursery. ;) 

So we both have 12 years in Norway? Big woop. You may know guys in the Oil Industry but Im actually in it, obviously Im gonna  know all the NAV tricks because we all share and take about them off-shore. 

I think I can see why you struggle to get lads now...... 

4 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

Does not seem like you can hold a job down though, nor stick to one trade and gain any kind of qualifications. It will bite you in the ass later. 

I've always done landscaping since I was young used to work with my grandad so landscaping has always been the one other jobs have paid bills the tyre fitter me and the boss didn't see eye to eye he called me a retard for being dyslexic and I give hom the hiden of his life and I got myself a p45 in the post then the pipe lining was a really bad wage got offered more money as a groundworker for less hours so done that and still do it now and again you need to have more than one trade behind you just incase shit hits the fan 

Jack 

• Like 1