Hedgecutters

WesD

19 minutes ago, WesD said:

What are we all on? My hs81r’s have packed in so time for some new ones, husky/stihl/anything else??

My last stihl proved unreliable so I took a chance on an echo 171, secondhand but with little use. It may be a touch slower to rev out than the stihl but it's light, powerful and has good anti vibe. 

I'm so happy with it I replaced my stolen stihl pole trimmer with an echo pas 280. Also very pleased with that.

I then went out and got an echo 501sx, also a good machine so far. I would give it a year or two before I'd say for certain that they remain reliable but so far all have been faultless.

Got several Stihl ones .hs82 ok but personally find it bit heavy so usually only comes out for the thicker stuff ....hs45 ok with good power to weight ratio but downside is bit shaky and fuel tank small so will only run about 20-25minutes .been impressed with the hsa 86 with ap300 battery only downside though can’t be used in the wet but will run for around 3-3.5 hrs when fully charged.probably done around 150 hrs on it still running fine so far .