What 130-150hp loader tractor?

swinny

Just wondering what's out there to look at? Would like to upgrade my tractor at some point soon.

Was looking at nh8340 and ts115 etc there's a lot of backup around here for those.

Also seen some deutz fahr agrotron 150 etc

Anyone any recommendations? Also places to look on, seen some right crap on ebay and other sites.

Many thanks

Don't know about the ts, but the 8340 is a syncro shuttle, not a power shuttle, while this can be a good point in terms of simplicity, could be a minus point especially on a loader if pervious drivers have not known or cared, and gave it a bit of stick leading to a rebuild needed. PUH is also a bit prone to wear.

Does @monkeybusinesshave deutz agrotron?

26 minutes ago, Canal Navvy said:

The 8230/8240 I worked with on ag contracting seemed prone to premature wear on the front drive train. Dif pinion and gearbox output shaft splines giving out ?

Wonder if that is due to the 4wd kicking in when braking? Dont half make some noise. Also dog clutch is it banging in and out. 

I nearly bought a massey 6465 the other month but it took ages to start. Then turn it off and try to start again and took ages.... walked away. Handfull of other issues too

I’d be very wary of buying any second hand tractor fitted with a loader personally. Much rather have a tidy non-loader machine to start and fit one myself if needed.

I’ve got an Agrotron and am very pleased with it (it’s powerful but relatively small so good amongst trees) but certainly not without its issues, but I think that would be the same with any brand. Anything second hand is a potential grenade, but I wouldn’t personally want to buy a new machine and stick a mulcher on the back/drive it into the woods etc. Our job wrecks nice kit, no matter how careful you are. 

ford TW range good reliable machines,only going to go up in value weather used or not no dog shit electrics like todays tractors that only someone on a £100 an hour can fix with his laptop, as for the newer NH a guy i work with has a ts200 been nothing but trouble, front axle problems, electrics and a power issue got it chipped up to 240hp and no better, Loyds seem to be out to it every couple of months to it, and its not as if it does a lot of work, pulls a lowloader about with a 14 tonne Dooson on it, and when he says his old 1174 pulled it better with half the horsepower but wasent up to stopping it so good, 

1 hour ago, monkeybusiness said:

A lot of the older Fords only do 30k though - painfully slow on the road. I’d love a TW though!

Most tractors are only permitted to run with a trailer to 40kph. Used to drive a tw35 a lot on the road and it seemed to keep up well...... lots of empty road ahead of it and even Audis didnt take us on?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Canal Navvy said:

Most tractors are only permitted to run with a trailer to 40kph. Used to drive a tw35 a lot on the road and it seemed to keep up well...... lots of empty road ahead of it and even Audis didnt take us on?

That's because you were take up more then your half of the road. 

The only way to get faster tractor is higher gearing which means a lot of fast tractors struggle to maintain 40kph loaded so 30kph tractor maybe OK depending on the roads near you.

Edited by woody paul