Replacement hip and splitting logs manually

Baldbloke

On ‎03‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 13:40, Woodworks said:

Plaster off and insulation on if it were mine. I would rather live an easy to heat home than a museum but each to there own I guess but in a world of ever-growing pressure on resources, it just makes sense to insulate and save the trees IMO. Sorry, I am becoming a raging greeny and cant zip it ?

It does look beautiful

There's an old saying

“Indian build small fire, stay close, stay warm, White man build big fire, stay warm gathering wood, feeding fire all night.”

:w00t: 

There's an old saying
“Indian build small fire, stay close, stay warm, White man build big fire, stay warm gathering wood, feeding fire all night.”

:w00t: 

Don’t forget the gathering keeps you fit too[emoji1303]

Hi Baldbloke , 

What type of joint did they fit ? Reason I’m asking is I had a replacement in 2013 after being diagnosed in 2000 , mine is ceramic and the surgeon told me it would see me out !! I’m 58 by the way .

Anyway mine has been great and I am doing everything as normal but it was fully 2 years before the twinges and aches stopped fully , so don’t go mad on it too early .

Good luck ?

• Like 1

Hi Baldbloke , 
What type of joint did they fit ? Reason I’m asking is I had a replacement in 2013 after being diagnosed in 2000 , mine is ceramic and the surgeon told me it would see me out !! I’m 58 by the way .
Anyway mine has been great and I am doing everything as normal but it was fully 2 years before the twinges and aches stopped fully , so don’t go mad on it too early .
Good luck [emoji106]

Seems stupid as I never asked. Apart from being a little sore in a muscle lower down after mauling too many logs a few days ago, I have no twinges or aches. I’m 14 weeks post op

Just to be pedantic it was always called just a Jensen FF not an Interceptor This was a gathering of FF cars at Gaydon  in May

My original trade was a panelbeater. Did a lot of restoration work on some interesting cars and bikes. Used to use an English wheel and use tin/lead repair rather than cataloy. I did a lot of sill/jacking point repairs to Interceptors in my time[emoji1303]