Climate change anyone?

the village idiot

Just now, the village idiot said:

There's definitely a strong correlation between 'devout' Christianity and climate change denial in the States.

Less so elsewhere I would guess.

I think you will find most of the Middle East is similar.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, the village idiot said:

There's definitely a strong correlation between 'devout' Christianity and climate change denial in the States.

Less so elsewhere I would guess.

Really? Muslims the world over are pushing hard to end climate change? 

Edited by trigger_andy

34 minutes ago, the village idiot said:

That's a really good question, and the honest answer is I don't know.

I think we might well need something like that to effectively solve the really big problems, but how you would get to it and made sure it kept to a moral agenda, I see no way.

Neither do I. If some countries decide to take it seriously, and make the necessary CO2 reductions, according to the experts, their economies will crash. The populace will revolt aftercare taste of the real deal, and either return to fossil fuels or be repressed by totalitarian authority. If they stay CO2 neutral, growth will effectively stop, and they will be economically or militarily dominated by the countries that have continued to use fossil fuel - ie. China, Russia, India. The other option is to throw away all pretence at equality and liberalism and provoke a war with the East, and wreck their economies so they cannot pollute anymore. For a few Brits, or even all Brits, to cut back on beef and holidays will not make an iota of difference. The money you do not spend on beef and holidays will be spent on something else that creates CO2, imports, stuff, more children, etc. The money you spend is spent again by the entity you traded with, and they will spend it on beef and holidays. See the problem? It's the global economy itself that drives CO2, every time currency changes hands, it pollutes. Story: I worked for a guy who wanted to atone for his sins and easily acquired wealth, by reforesting. He employed several people to do the planting. The bare rooted trees were transported on a deisel truck, which was made in a factory that polluted, with metal that was mined by a mine that polluted. He paid us money, and we spent it on petrol, imports, products etc. Some of us invested the money in machinery which runs on petrol, to make our work easier and more productive, and more polluting. The people we paid the money to did the same thing, and on and on it goes. Making less polluting purchases does not really make any difference unless the entire human race is singing from the same hymn sheet. Problem: being Green puts you at an economic disadvantage, and no one wants be be left holding the baby, no one wants to be the last to sign up the the pyramid scheme. It's like with atom bombs - if one nation has them, everyone has got to have them, or one nation dominates the world. But once they exist, you can't agree to disarm, because the knowledge is there and any tin pot dictatorship can build them in secret. Same with fossil fuel, it's there. Someone, somewhere is going to use it, and doninate, so we all have to use it or get left behind. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Haironyourchest said:

Neither do I. If some countries decide to take it seriously, and make the necessary CO2 reductions, according to the experts, their economies will crash. The populace will revolt aftercare taste of the real deal, and either return to fossil fuels or be repressed by totalitarian authority. If they stay CO2 neutral, growth will effectively stop, and they will be economically or militarily dominated by the countries that have continued to use fossil fuel - ie. China, Russia, India. The other option is to throw away all pretence at equality and liberalism and provoke a war with the East, and wreck their economies so they cannot pollute anymore. For a few Brits, or even all Brits, to cut back on beef and holidays will not make an iota of difference. The money you do not spend on beef and holidays will be spent on something else that creates CO2, imports, stuff, more children, etc. The money you spend is spent again by the entity you traded with, and they will spend it on beef and holidays. See the problem? It's the global economy itself that drives CO2, every time currency changes hands, it pollutes. Story: I worked for a guy who wanted to atone for his sins and easily acquired wealth, by reforesting. He employed several people to do the planting. The bare rooted trees were transported on a deisel truck, which was made in a factory that polluted, with metal that was mined by a mine that polluted. He paid us money, and we spent it on petrol, imports, products etc. Some of us invested the money in machinery which runs on petrol, to make our work easier and more productive, and more polluting. The people we paid the money to did the same thing, and on and on it goes. Making less polluting purchases does not really make any difference unless the entire human race is singing from the same hymn sheet. Problem: being Green puts you at an economic disadvantage, and no one wants be be left holding the baby, no one wants to be the last to sign up the the pyramid scheme. It's like with atom bombs - if one nation has them, everyone has got to have them, or one nation dominates the world. But once they exist, you can't agree to disarm, because the knowledge is there and any tin pot dictatorship can build them in secret. Same with fossil fuel, it's there. Someone, somewhere is going to use it, and doninate, so we all have to use it or get left behind. 

World governance it is then?

Or no habitable World?

It's looking pretty stark.

Great post by the way!

Edited by the village idiot

2 minutes ago, the village idiot said:

Or no habitable World?

Thats if you believe in " Climate Change" 

More than ever it comes across as a sinister political play and the do-gooders doing their leg work for them. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, the village idiot said:

Or no habitable World?

Great post by the way!

Thanks! You see, I used to think the same as you. My position was "force everyone back to the land - at gunpoint if necessary!"  I was in my late teens then. In my twenties I got a car and a job and decided, "Fuck it, I don't want to go back to the land, why should anyone else have to? Let's just keep burning till it's used up then we'll figure it out or die." Then I decided to actually look at the opposing side, and hear what they were saying. My whole view of reality changed. I now see things in a completely different light..

9 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Thats if you believe in " Climate Change" 

More than ever it comes across as a sinister political play and the do-gooders doing their leg work for them. 

I don't understand how it can come across like that?

Firstly Worldwide sinister political plays don't happen, and secondly it would be a very bizarre self promotion ploy for politicians to piss off all their citizens, which is effectively what they are having to do.

Conspiracy theories are silly. Human beings are terrible at keeping secrets.

10 minutes ago, the village idiot said:

How do you see it?

Man was created by God (or nature) to burn all the fossil fuels and restock the atmosphere with CO2 to restore the earth to its proper state - warm, wet, and nutritious to plants, ensuring life on earth continues. It's our destiny to use fossil fuels to drive civilization and our own collective development, with personal freedom, enhanced by cheap energy, being the most important tool to this end. It doesn't matter if we mess up the earth in the process, it survived a comet strike, etc, it can handle it. Elements in governments in the West want to set up a communist style NWO. They realised that this will never be possible while people have access to cheap energy, so they want to ration the energy sector, thereby controlling the economy. They use compliant "experts" to write up papers with tweaked data, who rely on funding and research grants that don't come unless they are on board with the warmest ideology. The liberal media are part of this cabal as well. The real NWO have no intention of actually reducing CO2 emissions, they just want control over the supply.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1