I'm in need of some advice guys

Rhys Conway

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

it isnt as easy as going to your local traing provider to to a chansaw maintance and cross cutting course and then just starting up theres so much to learn first them tickets just cover the basics then theres identifying all the different species of trees and so on i would try getting in with a company and getting some hands on experience for a couple of year first.

What experience do you have??? I would assume not alot if any as your asking about books and courses.

IMO you will be taking a big risk going out on own without experience, so i would try and find work with a company to gain experience whilst doing your tickets. I don't want to put you off but saftey should be your first prioroity, there to many people dying or getting injured these days.

For your course they should send you the info once you sign up of what ppe you need and chainsaw.

I hope im not sounding wreckless to you guys im not after rushing into this game head first, Im in no rush at all as i'll be doing this part time at first as my partner and me have a little girl and my partner is working full time, I have had no consistent work for the past year in own trade (Ceiling fixer/ Partitioner), so i've borrowed money to start a new career, so..... I need the books, the right tools to start me off, Any more Ideas guys, and thanks for the comments and ideas so far.