Box wedge splitter

pembswoodrecycling

On 04/01/2023 at 19:10, Peasgood said:

I don't have a mortgage of any size on anything. :)

But yes, it is extravagant and would buy a great deal of heating oil or logs. 

Yes but once you've burnt the logs and oil they've gone but you would still have a splitter to make more logs if you can get free timber even better, that's my theory. As for the vodka if Art is anal surely his vodka is going to be good 👍

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Doug Tait said:

I might be wrong but I think it's the Lockdown Firewood Splitter...

The Lockdown Firewood Splitter https://arbtalk.co.uk/forums/topic/121866-the-lockdown-firewood-splitter/

Thank you for all the likes.

It was really all a result of the Lockdowns and my wife being fed up with me mooching around the house, so I was told to go out and find something useful to do.  I was sure that I could make a splitter around the Matbro 270 with all that lifting and hydraulic power.   But everywhere was shut and all I had was the scrap in the yard, so if i was starting the project now I  would perhaps incorporate a saw and make it more of a processor than just a splitter.  One of the problems with the Ash and Sycamore that we have here is that many are bent sometimes at 90 degrees.  The Palax Combi will handle these up to 10 inch diameter, but the big stuff still has to be cut in my case to 16 inch blocks with the chainsaw and then rolled onto the log lift.

Using the tip and crowd to pick up the logs would work well with straight lengths of pine, but not with the stuff we have here

Now I find it very steady and therapeutic with the engine ticking over at  the back of the machine and the remote control operating the hydraulics, so no lifting just easy rolling, which is also easy on my old limbs as Stubby will I am sure sympathize!

In am sure that i could make the ram quicker by altering the pipework but it is surprisingly productive and safer at its current speed

Keep a look out for modification number 1035!

• Like 2