Today's milling

Rough Hewn

21 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

How do you get on with the Logosol drying Kiln? I really should buy one as well. 

Ask me in a couple of weeks, as this is the first time using it.

so far everything looks flat still and it’s taken out 200+ litres of water.

I bought it off a mate who was drying about 6+ m3 of 2”-3” hardwood from green in 8-10 weeks to 10%mc.

Logosol don’t sell the 4kw anymore,

think it’s a 2kw now.

still can dry a dozen 10’ x 3’ slabs though.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

A few photos of the stall we manned for Rob.D of Panther mills and Chainsawbars.co.uk at this years APF.

Big thank you to Justin for letting us stay in his tent…

(Most expensive tent I’ve ever stayed in…)

Really enjoyed meeting lots of other chainsaw millers and putting faces to arbtalk members.

A77F06D9-4D28-4BE2-A0FB-43DDB9113FF4.thumb.png.abff2f4486a41c29908863634cfd8c9d.png6B8E2DC7-63C4-4913-A0D5-9BCDF6691096.thumb.png.dcb72dcd68f1ff5ce9bccd70d4d0c099.png

48347FC0-18E6-4393-8D5B-FFE496958305.png

574B97FB-3D30-45A5-9FF3-C45ECDBE3E86.png

1202FF9F-2F5E-4DC3-A348-06075DB92061.png

5E5E8926-EAEF-404E-8468-6065DA2EB228.png

• Like 3

On 16/11/2022 at 09:22, Rough Hewn said:

If you look carefully at picture one.

this 10’ piece, I cut from a 30’ piece.

the farmer found a 90’ log, he had to cut it into 3 x 30’ to get it out.

the rest of the tree is under the brambles.

Where are these, presumably Yorkshire moors? I've heard of bog Oak round here in the Fens but not other areas of the country.

8 minutes ago, Dan Maynard said:

Where are these, presumably Yorkshire moors? I've heard of bog Oak round here in the Fens but not other areas of the country.

There is a lot that keeps appearing on the Fylde and down around Southport has done for many many years and will do so for many more to come,,

10 hours ago, Dan Maynard said:

Ah fair enough - must be more common than I thought, just doesn't make the news. 

Yes there is a fair amount that keeps coming to the surface, if we get a few dry summers and then really wet winters it seems to appear, I been on a shoot today that is just on the edge of what we call the moss land, very peaty soil, this is where the bog oak rises up to the surface, the last field I was on today is just stating to flood up and if it keeps raining there will be about 2000 acres under water till march/April and today its been very hard walking today it's only just started to flood up, photo below is just a example i reckon in next 5/6 wk that fence will probably go under water, the said field has not been worked for 45 yrs as we know but next spring/summer it's due to be reseeded and leaveled up, could be interesting ??

20221119_154233.jpg

• Like 7

9 hours ago, spuddog0507 said:

Yes there is a fair amount that keeps coming to the surface, if we get a few dry summers and then really wet winters it seems to appear, I been on a shoot today that is just on the edge of what we call the moss land, very peaty soil, this is where the bog oak rises up to the surface, the last field I was on today is just stating to flood up and if it keeps raining there will be about 2000 acres under water till march/April and today its been very hard walking today it's only just started to flood up, photo below is just a example i reckon in next 5/6 wk that fence will probably go under water, the said field has not been worked for 45 yrs as we know but next spring/summer it's due to be reseeded and leaveled up, could be interesting ??

20221119_154233.jpg

Great photo!

fantastic pup mate👍

• Like 1