Today's milling

Rough Hewn

You seem to have a Vimek 606 in the background - what's the story? 

It’s my mates. He’s sold it now though. Heading off to Sweden as soon as the buyer arranges collection. Think he gave it away at £15k (Don’t mention brexit [emoji51]) IMG_1790.jpg

He’s had this built instead. One of his buddies owns/owned a forestry engineering firm and built it with parts lying around. Not the head though, I think he already had that. Comes with a nice bogie.

IMG_1793.jpg
  • Like 2

That last stick looks a decent one Andy [emoji106][emoji106]keep at it bud he will crack in the end [emoji3]

He’s got a nice stash of them but he’s an oak framer so does not wanna give them up. I’ll get it though as he’s desperate to get some 6x6” out the other 10 sticks he’s got and I have the mill and Avant. The farmer won’t lend him the Avant 🤣

9 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

It’s my mates. He’s sold it now though. Heading off to Sweden as soon as the buyer arranges collection. Think he gave it away at £15k (Don’t mention brexit emoji51.png) IMG_1790.jpg

He’s had this built instead. One of his buddies owns/owned a forestry engineering firm and built it with parts lying around. Not the head though, I think he already had that. Comes with a nice bogie.

IMG_1793.jpg

It's a harvester. Jesus that's cheap. I'd have had that off him for that price. Or more.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Big J said:

It's a harvester. Jesus that's cheap. I'd have had that off him for that price. Or more.

Yeh, I guessed it was cheap. The guy in Sweden bit his hand off. 😁 

It’s got the Harvester Head on the now then swaps it out for the grab and goes back in and collects them all. Canny mind what he said he can lift with it close in. 3/4 of a ton maybe? Got a 1 ton log on the other day by lifting one end on first then the other. 

Edited by trigger_andy

3 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Yeh, I guessed it was cheap. The guy in Sweden bit his hand off. 😁 

It’s got the Harvester Head on the now then swaps it out for the grab and goes back in and collects them all. Canny mind what he said he can lift with it close in. 3/4 of a ton maybe? Got a 1 ton log on the other day by lifting one end on first then the other. 

It's an old machine, no doubt. It'd still be cheap at twice the price though. 

Must be the biggest Oak I’ve had on the mill. 36” at the Butt end, 32” at the small end and 13.5’ long. The Avant was struggling to lift onto the Mill without the back end lifting off the deck.

Almost a shame to take 24” wide slabs out of it and not be able to get it on the Alaskan but needs must and my brother needed a 6”x8” beam.

IMG_1851.jpgIMG_1849.jpgIMG_1860.jpgIMG_1863.jpgIMG_1865.jpgIMG_1883.jpg

And some rare White Red Deer on the Estate. The Stags where braver than the Hinds.

IMG_1878.jpg

• Like 16

44 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Must be the biggest Oak I’ve had on the mill. 36” at the Butt end, 32” at the small end and 13.5’ long. The Avant was struggling to lift onto the Mill without the back end lifting off the deck.

Almost a shame to take 24” wide slabs out of it and not be able to get it on the Alaskan but needs must and my brother needed a 6”x8” beam.

IMG_1851.jpgIMG_1849.jpgIMG_1860.jpgIMG_1863.jpgIMG_1865.jpgIMG_1883.jpg

And some rare White Red Deer on the Estate. The Stags where braver than the Hinds.

IMG_1878.jpg

I have seen white red hines when we have been on Lomond fishing, i have some photos some where, i will have a look for them and post if i can find them,

• Like 2