Buying Christmas Presents

Darrin Turnbull

So that’s that. Helped by using amazon.

Probably a thousand plus Euros

Sometimes i think it would be better waiting for the sales.

not for the kids of cause.

My sister works in Fenwicks toy department.

its sometimes worse working there after Xmas 

Having to deal with all the refunds or exchanges.

stay healthy everyone 

was playing it sensible this year and was more or less done, then my sons basketball net turned up and I realised I couldn’t mount it on the garage because of the eaves.  Quick trip to a local fabricator for a custom bracket to be made up added another £50 on top of the initial cost. Probably could have got a cheaper option, just not on the Friday before Christmas 

• Like 1

After weeks of asking each other what we wanted for Xmas we decided that we needed nothing, couldn't think of anything that could make a suitable surprise and as we have no kids, we decided act like kids ourselves! So we bought a polaris ranger.. on the pretext that the practical back half is mine, for work and jobs on our few acres, (and tax purposes!) and the front half is for my better half, with room for the dogs and the ability to splash through mud and giggle like a kid! Also building a little bird feeder as a side project to stick by the front window Xmas day.

• Like 5

I've asked for no presents this year unless I specifically ask for it. I've got too much stuff as it is, and if I want something, I generally buy it (within reason, of course. The gold plated Unimog is a way off yet). 

Same for the kids. If they need it and it's warranted. They've way too many toys already. 

I don't understand why people go so far as to put themselves in financial difficulties over Christmas. They were talking about it on Call you and yours on R4 the other day. Madness.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Big J said:

I've asked for no presents this year unless I specifically ask for it. I've got too much stuff as it is, and if I want something, I generally buy it (within reason, of course. The gold plated Unimog is a way off yet). 

Same for the kids. If they need it and it's warranted. They've way too many toys already. 

I don't understand why people go so far as to put themselves in financial difficulties over Christmas. They were talking about it on Call you and yours on R4 the other day. Madness.

Credit cards get people into trouble.

Talking from experience 

• Like 2

Well BahHumBug me has bought nowt, but I spent the day Driving Miss Daisy round the neighbours and relations exchanging Jam and gossip, & will do the same tomorrow.

The daughter will take Mum to the local M&S Foodhall on Christmas Eve to see if they can blag as many bargains as they did last year.

4 large fresh Turkeys at 80% off were probably the best value.

These purchases will influence our Christmas day menu, if not there are still our own 4 freezers to explore.

There may even be a M&S Turkey stashed away from last year.

But I better go and light the bonfire for the naked dancing & cavorting later this Solstice night, lovely and mild for it too.

MTH

Edited by difflock

3 hours ago, Darrin Turnbull said:

I was going to get myself a new iPad Pro , but after a nights sleep I decided not to.

the apple products are great but i’m losing interest because of the price 

Yes, save yourself the money and the frustration. My Ipad was great when new but it gets slower and slower to the point I now just use my cheapo Android phone that's way quicker the Ipad. Think they expect you will splash out on the latest model every few years but it's backfired with this customer and Apple kit is now off the cards here.