My mate was arrested to day .

Stubby

My sister's Labrador was caught chasing sheep by the Rangers at a local estate. He wasn't a year old at the time and had slipped through the fence while they were walking. They brought him back and told her off and said if she wanted him sheep aversion training they would put him in a pen with a couple of Tups to calm him down.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, peatff said:

My sister's Labrador was caught chasing sheep by the Rangers at a local estate. He wasn't a year old at the time and had slipped through the fence while they were walking. They brought him back and told her off and said if she wanted him sheep aversion training they would put him in a pen with a couple of Tups to calm him down.

he is only apup, 2 tups would be too much for the wee dog, just the 1 would probably do it.

On 23/12/2018 at 09:11, Big J said:

Generally speaking, there are no bad dogs, just bad owners. If your dog has issues with livestock and you want to let them off the lead, don't take them somewhere with sodding livestock. If your dog has recall issues, train them until them don't. If can't train your dog, don't have a dog. You're failing in your responsibility as a dog owner otherwise.

Not all dogs train as easily as others, and I appreciate that. We've a cracking little collie cross called Katie who is 100% reliable with livestock to the point where on a job earlier this year, she was walking to heel to the forwarder as we crossed a field with sheep. The sheep were completely disinterested in her, so often Katie would pass 8-10ft from the ewes without either batting an eyelid. She also puts up with our 1 year old sitting on her amongst and is generally a total doddle to look after.

Either way, I'm glad your friend was released without charge. 

OP, I can feel this one completely I live in the country you get all the nobbers walking dogs off lead on a boxing day, (i love dogs I've got one) but I've had to go in a field shouting proper pist off at a little dog chasing and biting sheep and taking chunks out of their fur. (Owner Crying)

Thing is some people have no clue.

Gotta look out for what's right.

Animals first some people are not trained very well.?

Bunch 

Edited by Woodsearcher