Lightest bar

woodwizzard

6 minutes ago, MattyF said:

I’ve stopped buying Sugi , too heavy ,even the sugi lights are not light !! too hard a metal to the point it’s brittle .. I’ve replaced one bar tip three times now and any I have left in service have been done atleast once.

Interesting Matty . Got all my Sugis not long before I retired from full time cutting so probably will never get to that stage . What would you recommend instead ?

I’ve been back on Oregon bars for my 560’s and 50’s ..Oregon Versa cuts light are a better balance for cutting all day , the Sugis are fine for Arb work where you probably would not notice the difference and they may last a life time but if I had two 560’s one with a sugi and the other a normal Oregon I would be picking the Oregon up at the end of the day just because it felt lighter and more in control when fatigued.
I did try a few dirt cheap £15 bars that are cheaper than a sugi sprocket when I was on multiple windblow on a steep bank as it wasn’t usual to have a stump or log role and crush a bar... I’ll give it to the sugi that it took a lot to bend one!

• Like 1

Jimmer,  i woodn't touch an Oregon Control cut or Versa Cut bar again as they are a laminate bar that is simply vulcanised together.  Mine had an ever so slight bend in it. I placed it in the vice and went about straightening it only for the 'glue' to fail when slight pressure was applied and it was toast.  I'd be concerned that this could happen if it simply got pinched in the cut, rendering the bar useless.

• Like 2