362cm vs 562

MattyF

I don’t feel the anti vibes are up too much on the older saws joe.. might sound a pussy but ported worksaws to me are a bit much in the woods all day... I had a ported 560 and fun as it was watching it drop through wood on the odd tree it wasn’t a saw you could get sloppy with after a hard day.

I get what you are saying but have you tried, say a ported 50cc saw with an 18-20 inch lightweight bar instead of a 60cc stock saw? I find it balances them out power to bar length but means you end up with a significantly lighter saw.
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, MattyF said:

I don’t feel the anti vibes are up too much on the older saws joe.. might sound a pussy but ported worksaws to me are a bit much in the woods all day... I had a ported 560 and fun as it was watching it drop through wood on the odd tree it wasn’t a saw you could get sloppy with after a hard day.

I will send up those carpet slippers and this months edition of Gardners World......what happened to the Matty I knew, looks like you have got a bit soft ooop north;)

The older 362s had similar clutch problems to the MS261, I don't know what Stihl did but have just scrapped another MS261 this month, 6 years, in good overall condition and little use! Not seen many 362s in TBH.

The M tronic gives it a bit more go but have never felt that these saws were a belter. A bit bulky and flat but....they all cut wood!

362cm is a great all round saw - it does everything you could ever ask of it, pulls an 18" with authority if needed (balances nicely). Nice for felling, snedding etc and is reliable too. However it does not scream and fly through the timber like a 560 or 562.

The 560 is the live fast die young kind of saw, whereas the stihl is that steady dependable that lives at 90%.  

The choice between them is difficult as they are so different. 

Edited by Pete Mctree
  • Like 1

I will send up those carpet slippers and this months edition of Gardners World......what happened to the Matty I knew, looks like you have got a bit soft ooop north[emoji6]
The older 362s had similar clutch problems to the MS261, I don't know what Stihl did but have just scrapped another MS261 this month, 6 years, in good overall condition and little use! Not seen many 362s in TBH.
The M tronic gives it a bit more go but have never felt that these saws were a belter. A bit bulky and flat but....they all cut wood!

No mate I’ll get around to sending you some more saws to make mental once I take a few out of the front line service ... I can’t be using modded saws on a lot of sites .. I’m also not sure about modded saws flat out all day in big timber that last 560 didn’t last too long although you said you where lucky to salvage the cylinder..

1 hour ago, MattyF said:

No mate I’ll get around to sending you some more saws to make mental once I take a few out of the front line service ... I can’t be using modded saws on a lot of sites .. I’m also not sure about modded saws flat out all day in big timber that last 560 didn’t last too long although you said you where lucky to salvage the cylinder..

If your in bigger timber perhaps you need to be using a bigger saw? 

No mate , 60cc class is spot on for most of the stands I work in 50cc too slow and not enough torque for felling and 70 uses to much fuel and too cumbersome shedding although that 462 is good it’s thirsty ! 560’s have been spot on I just noticed mine rattle a lot in comparison Yo the stihl 462!

• Like 3

Fair one Matty, I just feel like the 362 would have you pulling your dreads out on production work. 

The 60cc echo sounds like it's a proper torquey little thing. Might be worth a look. The stihl one I've used has regular starting issues and I'd rather take the weight of my 441 on a 20" bar than use that. 

• Like 1