Tipper or 4x4 with tipper trailer?

Jwoodgardenmaintenance

7 minutes ago, htb said:

You will soon grow out of it.

We run a L/R 90 towing chipper( wife fancied a 90) and a 110 hicap towing cage sided 12x 6.6 Ifor non tipping. Suits our works well, we do mix of large domestic, commercial and pipeline wayleave clearances.

I hope not sounds daft but i love the smell of the shavings ☺ l/r are a really nice vehicle but i cant afford the price for a nice clean one and i would love to buy a old nackered one amd restore it but i barely have a chance to sleep at times ? whats the best next vehicle from a l/r?

Paid 6K for the 90 as an unfinished project. Its a 300tdi on a P plate it had been written off at 16,000 miles 18 mths old. Came with new galv chassis, stainless exhaust , new rear tub, front wings, suspension. It just needed putting together and spraying. crap load carrying but handy for shunting trailers/chippers into tight spaces, front hitch on both helps as well.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tree-fancier123 said:

BigJ on here has a nice 4wd Sprinter, it could carry a 6inch tracked machine inside and tow a tipping trailer for logs/chip. I use Iveco tipper, good for 3.5ton tow, great traction on dry tarmac

The iveco also do a 5 ton version aswell i think ? Ive heard the mercedes sprinters are really bad for rotting and really scabby paint after a few years unless this is just the old ones?