changing your life

Stephen Blair

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I regret is working long hours when my kids were young. If I could turn the clock back I would change it, even though I would have struggled financially.

Smart clothes and new toys don't make up for your Dad not getting home until after you're in bed.

Exactly. That was what I meant when I said "theres no point having an xbox at 8 yrs old with no-one to play it with".

My lad has friends but how "cool" is it that Daddy can whoop his ass on every game he has got. Those moments are precious.

I DO NOT DO THIS JOB ONLY FOR THE MONEY.

If it was only about the money then I would have done something alot less manual. For me it is everything about this industry, the equipment, the freedom, the climbing, the adrenalin, the exhilaration, the planting new life, the managing old, the legacy we leave behind, the customers, the different places every day, the banter, the stress, the cuts, the bruises, that chingy noise alloy karabiners make, just everything.

I will be involved with trees till the day I die in whatever form I can be.

My comments about driving round in the range rover were more out of jest, but I do like the idea of being like "Gord" from Heli-loggers, bidding for work but still able to get "on site" and show em how its done from time to time.

I do believe in my own abilities to progress my company, I'm sure Mr Bartlett started somewhere.

Exactly. That was what I meant when I said "theres no point having an xbox at 8 yrs old with no-one to play it with".

My lad has friends but how "cool" is it that Daddy can whoop his ass on every game he has got. Those moments are precious.

I DO NOT DO THIS JOB ONLY FOR THE MONEY.

If it was only about the money then I would have done something alot less manual. For me it is everything about this industry, the equipment, the freedom, the climbing, the adrenalin, the exhilaration, the planting new life, the managing old, the legacy we leave behind, the customers, the different places every day, the banter, the stress, the cuts, the bruises, that chingy noise alloy karabiners make, just everything.

I will be involved with trees till the day I die in whatever form I can be.

My comments about driving round in the range rover were more out of jest, but I do like the idea of being like "Gord" from Heli-loggers, bidding for work but still able to get "on site" and show em how its done from time to time.

I do believe in my own abilities to progress my company, I'm sure Mr Bartlett started somewhere.

Legendary post Frank!! :thumbup1:

I really couldn't agree more with the earlier posts about kids. i was sent away to school when i was 11, and in my next school i saw my folks briefly on about 8 occasions during term other than one weekend and half term. During the holidays i only really saw him at wekends as he was generally working alot. Since my folks divorced about 9 years ago i have found myself getting to know my old man a lot more.

I therefore find it very hard not to spend time with my son, and even at 9 years old i sometimes feel that i am missing so much when i do wekeends and long days.