Staff woes, getting ready to chuck it all in

Scott95

Just now, Rough Hewn said:

Fair enough.
But go easy on the other members.
(Even Vespemoji57.png)
emoji106.png

Perhaps your right.

But wages are hard in this industry and keeping 4 guys on and there families is tough.

Those of us who employ people in forestry for the most part try our best and don’t take been lecutured on morals well.

But everyone does deserve a chance.

13 minutes ago, Jimbo 76 said:

Perhaps your right.

But wages are hard in this industry and keeping 4 guys on and there families is tough.

Those of us who employ people in forestry for the most part try our best and don’t take been lecutured on morals well.

But everyone does deserve a chance.

Who was lecturing on morals?

Everyone deserve a chance, unless they are an ex con from twenty odd years ago. Ya couldn't make it up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, eggsarascal said:

Who was lecturing on morals?

Everyone deserve a chance, unless they are an ex con from twenty odd years ago. Ya couldn't make it up.

My beef with you Mr egg isn’t your conviction for a crime.

Its your lectures on wages in an industry you are not in. 

And your piety hence the moral aspect.

Youre not in arb or forestry. Fact.

Enjoy your new van.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jimbo 76 said:

My beef with you Mr egg isn’t your conviction for a crime.

Its your lectures on wages in an industry you are not in. 

And your piety hence the moral aspect.

Youre not in arb or forestry. Fact.

Enjoy your new van.

Why bring it up then. To get the moral high ground?

lets do this one step at a time.

• Like 1

You could of watched that vid and learned something about managing a business instead you wasted twenty minutes trying to say something amusing...   

Which to be fair to you don't really matter as much as it would to the fella who is at his whits end who started the thread..    

I'll save you some time and give you the gist of the vid....   an employee, is working in a universe of his own..  an employer, is someone who's job it is to manage people..  like a football manager managing a team..

If the football manager is bad, the team falls apart. if he's good the team wins as does the manager..

Its down to a manager to create the conditions for healthy thriving team..   thus if the fella wants to blame his staff for being crap, he's making excuses for his own shortcomings..

The answer to the problem of crappy staff is see if the problem lies elsewhere..  

I personally suspect its not about keeping staff thats making the team weak, but a refusal to get rid of them when they need shipping out...   

I’m always amazed by just how difficult it is to get rid of shite people.

• Like 1

The Get Rid - true.

The shite money in this industry -true.

The appalling quality of half of the blokes I have worked with . TRUE.

The number of shite managers I have worked with/ for ( three are now bankrupt ) .

Am sorry mate - that ain't an answer fr you an yr business, but it does show what yr up against / how this industry needs to sort itself. K

• Like 2