ms 361

LR90

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also consider the bar length... dont know what stage you are at with college, but i have a little voice in my mind that is telling me max 15" bar for cs30/31. i love my ms260. it never seems to lack power and i have run up to 18" on it, but i do keep it well sharpened.

what is the 441 like compaired to the 361

went to a dealer today and he said he sold more 441 than 361 as the 441 had a large range of bar sizes. it also looks more modern.

for my cs 31 i would use the collages 260 and take my own chain.

I have a 357, when its working well I love it its revvy and quick in the cut, and runs a 18" bar very nicely. Unfortunately it has been the most expensive saw to run that I have ever had. From memory it has had: new carb, new exhaust, chainbrake band, broken exhaust mount, and helicoils fitted in 2 different places (on seprate occasions) due to sheared bolts, this was quite expensive. it has also been in for tuning a few times.

I have a love - hate ralationship with that saw.:001_smile::thumbdown:

Only things i have ever brought for my 357 are wear and tear items....i nearly sacked my groundy when he left it in the drop zone of an ash that i dropped a large top on it! but i dont think i have ever had a more trouble free saw...i find with huskys though they are a one man saw wich is why maybe forresters prefere them... you get used to how to start them and there qirks but i just love the way they rev and sing in the cut....i have found with stihls they are great in tree gangs as they require little maintenance are a bit more robust but i just find them boring to use in woods all day....the 361 i used I thought it more like a husky than a stihl and even then i was happy to give it back and pick up the 357 instead.

now looking at the ms 441 as it looks a newer saw with more modern features. and is around the same price

what is the best bar sizes to get was thinking 16, 18, 25

15 for small felling snedding 18 for medium and 25 for logging.

and what is the best size to get with it.

thanks

for felling in forest and snedding day in day out youd be suprised what you can fell with a 15" bar if doing the correct cuts - even upto medium trees in some cases - the best for lightweight all round saw is a husky 346xp with a 15" bar nice and light got power - then for bigger a 441 with a 25" bar

i have a ms024 had it for years now great little saw for doing all the small job 16inch bar cut up everything i wanted, about 6 months ago i got the 441 20inch bar like david said saves u bending ur back as much. i dont really use the 240 that much anymore tend to pick up the 441. best size bar for the 441 is 20inch thats what i think anyway

LR90 if ur just looking for a saw for collage then go for the ms260 or the husky346xp like LOGBARON said youd be suprised what u can cut up with a small bar i cut this pop up with my ms024 with a 16inch bar

p3.jpg.69503df2781be908595594b043081ff4.jpg

p2.jpg.1d372e83b49befa275e32e98a8c1f1e4.jpg

p1.jpg.dd9c877d64cfe8260cb0d7d6ea505794.jpg