Had to be done...

richardwale

3 hours ago, Big J said:

.....and the fire is back on again. We only made 18c here today in East Devon after a 13c night, and with a decent breeze all day the fire has to go on in order to maintain the wearing of shorts.

Pease don't say that, Mrs Steven will only go and get ideas.

Serious question, my ideal house is about 19 degrees - suits me fine and is good for shorts, mrs likes it hotter, but what is the general threshold for fire or no fire?

1 minute ago, Steven P said:

Pease don't say that, Mrs Steven will only go and get ideas.

Serious question, my ideal house is about 19 degrees - suits me fine and is good for shorts, mrs likes it hotter, but what is the general threshold for fire or no fire?

My ideal temperature does depend on humidity. Higher RH, lower temp. So usually 21c is OK in summer, but I like 23c in winter.

For me, the threshold for fire is a sustained living room temperature under 20c.

Resisted so far but if we had been around in the evening a bit more this last week it would have been lit as it's been 17 degrees C in our living room when I've got home from work!

We seem to have the stove lit most days from September until start of May. So only 4 months of the year it's not on. Bloody crazy!