Reduction Pruning

RC0

8 hours ago, Erik said:

A few years back I was living off the grid in a little yurt in the mountains outside of Taos New Mexico. I got feed up with all the bullshit that comes along with being connected to this modern world., so one winter morning I was headed down into the Rio Grande Gorge to sit in some hot springs, and I threw my computer and cell phone in the river. Spent 3 years disconnected from the evil digital world. Kinda miss those days!

(not my pic)

5072.jpg

One of the best discoveries Ive made since spending more time hiking and camping in the backcountry here is how small and insignificant it makes you feel. Any sense or of status or importance just sort of washes off you like layers of paint. Starts to work about the time you suddenly go out of cell phone signal, ironically. Pic of Buttle lake, Strathcona. About 4.5 hours north of here.14 miles long. The trees either side, if you can distinguish them, average between 150 - 200 ft tall, to give a sense of scale.

Resized_20180811_080900_5815.jpeg

• Like 5

Damn that looks like Southeast. Tree line right down to the water, steep choppy ground, and big timber. The good old dayz! 

Alaska and northern New Mexico are 2 of my favorite places, and both have the ability to do just as you described.  Remind you that you are small, insignificant, and your bullshit truly ain’t important.   My hood has that ability also. I just need to slow down and listen a little more often...

Taos is nice; I live in Santa Fe part time and have camped in the Jemez for a week at a time at retreats with the 3HO Sikh folks.

I'll try taking my MS160 up more often and see how it works.  The forestry scenario and the bunches of dead cedar limbs seem different than an occasional cut in the crown of an oak.  Plus I'm blessed with strong elbows I guess.

Different strokes for different climbing folks, and so on and so on and shoobeedoobeedoobee (Sly Stone)

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, treeseer said:

Taos is nice; I live in Santa Fe part time and have camped in the Jemez for a week at a time at retreats with the 3HO Sikh folks.

I'll try taking my MS160 up more often and see how it works.  The forestry scenario and the bunches of dead cedar limbs seem different than an occasional cut in the crown of an oak.  Plus I'm blessed with strong elbows I guess.

Different strokes for different climbing folks, and so on and so on and shoobeedoobeedoobee (Sly Stone)

Good for you Guy. Peace

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 02/09/2018 at 19:22, bigtreedon said:
On 02/09/2018 at 19:05, Mick Dempsey said:
You local to there Don? Any observations/comments?

I do work in Harrogate a fair bit I hear from contractors that I work that put applications in that they are very awkward to deal with and that supposedly they will not approve any reduction work how accurate this is i can't say because I have never put a application in to reduce a tree

that's because you never do reductions though??