Tax

forestboy1978

29 minutes ago, s o c said:

Got audited here a few years ago and revenue contested my travel expenses.

had 3 work vehicles. Wasn’t running family car from business apart  from fuel when used for pricing etc.

they pretty much tried to bully us into owning up to loads of private use( that never happened)

we stood our ground , eventually they accepted on condition that going forward we deduct 20% for private use.

works fine because can now claim for everything.

Crew cabs are flavor of the month over here at the moment for attention from law, vat etc

Aye, listening to someone who knows their stuff, on the phone to the Rev is an eye opener.  Good accountants are worth their weight in gold.

• Like 1

I'm buying the damn thing for me. I like it. I want it. I'm having it! I'll use it for personal and business. I am going vAT registered very soon. 2 months approx. It's in my business name, it will wipe out tax for January. I will get a vat rebate on purchases bought over the last 4 years including the jo beau m500  that will exceed the vat I have to pay on last 6 months contracts. 

I'm booked till mid winter already and I haven't even added tree services to my business adverts or website yet, which I am in the process of doing as we speak. I also have another consultancy job which is based abroad and outside the scope of vat. I work my ass off. I deserve a sexy toy.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, tree-fancier123 said:

supercharged Range Rovers hard to beat for £/hp - this one makes 390bhp and a snip at £7.5k. Get the gas axe out and hey presto a tax efficient off road pick up

$_86.JPG

hqdefault.jpg.6b034d36b41584948e506ff0ca343957.jpg

Sorry to sound rude and this is not an abuse to you, though it could sound as such but...

I don't feel like, act like, nor am I, a c**t!

3 hours ago, forestboy1978 said:

I'm buying the damn thing for me. I like it. I want it. I'm having it! I'll use it for personal and business. I am going vAT registered very soon. 2 months approx. It's in my business name, it will wipe out tax for January. I will get a vat rebate on purchases bought over the last 4 years including the jo beau m500  that will exceed the vat I have to pay on last 6 months contracts. 

I'm booked till mid winter already and I haven't even added tree services to my business adverts or website yet, which I am in the process of doing as we speak. I also have another consultancy job which is based abroad and outside the scope of vat. I work my ass off. I deserve a sexy toy.

could have had a new one on the books for less.

Enjoy your toy mate, jam today.