Tax

forestboy1978

1 minute ago, Rough Hewn said:

I'm thinking about a tidy ford ranger 05 for £1700.

Forestboy will you put a winch on yours?
I've seen some clever hidden winches and tool boxes.
emoji106.png

Funny you mention it, yes I had considered it but I am spending money like water ATM. Getting my tipper trailer fitted with a removable chip box and aluminium plated with ladder racks and handles etc etc so it will have to WAIT

Are those top end Rangers not heavy so have a lower speed limit than some other pick ups??

ie classed as light goods instead of dual purpose.

While turning up at jobs in decent motors does look good i think u can also look too flashy and folk think think u must be charging them too much if u can afford a motor like that.

Or atleast that can be the case locally

I could never buy something like that, not because it doesn't look smart but the thought off going to trade it in and it's lost god knows how much.

My bro has just had that pain and that was just with a 65 plate L200, offering him peanuts for it

Wit u should be doingis buying urself a LR, not a LR lover but the ammount of money there making the mow is absolutley bonkers (mate with a special edition 06, still being offered 15k for it he only paid 18 for it 12 years ago, tyhats cheap motoring)

8 minutes ago, drinksloe said:

Are those top end Rangers not heavy so have a lower speed limit than some other pick ups??

ie classed as light goods instead of dual purpose.

While turning up at jobs in decent motors does look good i think u can also look too flashy and folk think think u must be charging them too much if u can afford a motor like that.

Or atleast that can be the case locally

I could never buy something like that, not because it doesn't look smart but the thought off going to trade it in and it's lost god knows how much.

My bro has just had that pain and that was just with a 65 plate L200, offering him peanuts for it

Wit u should be doingis buying urself a LR, not a LR lover but the ammount of money there making the mow is absolutley bonkers (mate with a special edition 06, still being offered 15k for it he only paid 18 for it 12 years ago, tyhats cheap motoring)

My Landy is worth the same or more than I paid for it ten years. I like my buisness assets to earn me money not the other way round.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Richard 1234 said:

I think it’s a properly sad state if you can’t just buy something nice with your money without only thinking of the bottom line.
I go to work to have nice things and a nice life not to be the richest man in the graveyard

Fair point

But why work hard just to pay for deprecation?

Buy a similar spec'd motor a few years older and spend the rest on a holiday if that floats ur boat

I think its just motors and esp specc'd like that will lose money faster than u can make it.

And nowadays ()apart from LR's which are still horrible to sit in) even bobby basic pick ups or vans are really quite comfortable and fairly well epuiped inside

But each to there own

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Richard 1234 said:

I think it’s a properly sad state if you can’t just buy something nice with your money without only thinking of the bottom line.
I go to work to have nice things and a nice life not to be the richest man in the graveyard

Yeah I know, I’m far too much of a pragmatist! Posh trucks just don’t float my boat because they don’t do anything that a 10 yr old one won’t- apart from maybe the privilege of a warm arse and some fancy satellite navigation.

• Like 2

If your using a 4x4 for work id be amazed if it wasn't covered in dents and scratches after a year or two. Meybs if all its doing is a tow vehicle you'd get away with it. But in and out of fields, woods, even alot of reversing in right yards seems to be a receipt for dings......

I guess I'd just be scared to put a vehicle like that to work!

• Like 1

I'm thinking about a tidy ford ranger 05 for £1700.

Forestboy will you put a winch on yours?
I've seen some clever hidden winches and tool boxes.
[emoji106]
Double cab? If you possible can I'd hold out for a tipper. On an older truck they seen cheap. Just seen a DC mk4 hilux tipper For 2800