Thorn in knuckle

Billy K

I am, kinda, with HOYC, re antibiotic avoidance, for whatever reason, unless ABSOLUTLY needed.
Many others are not, apparently.
Essentially, in my reasonably, i.e. 60-15=45 years formed opinion, antibiotics should not be guzzled as a preventitive measure, as most undoubtely/indisputably  are.
Save them for when they are actually/really needed.
marcus

It’s not the punters fault that antibiotics are misused, it’s the medical profession. The quack should have the minerals to tell the neurotic to go do one as “it’s a frigging cold”

9 minutes ago, Haironyourchest said:

No debate?? No, sorry, homoeopathic treatment has a long history of success. Like all things medical, you need to know which remedy to take for what ailment, and when. Consult with a classically trained homoepath if in doubt. You don't have to like it, but it exists and helps millions on a daily basis. I speak the truth, you can deny the truth, and I understand your position, but it is still truth. Some things in this world are not yet understood by science, and maybe never will be. It matters not.

Oh dear lord forgive him for he has a cumquat for a brain

'No, sorry, homoeopathic treatment has a long history of success'

-No it doesn't.

-Just as things sometimes get better when you do nothing, so they also sometimes get better when you take a sugar-pill or some bat's eyes. This does not mean 'doing nothing' sugar pills or bat's eyes 'work' it just means that after a couple of days, some things get better on their own.

'Like all things medical, you need to know which remedy to take for what ailment, and when.'

-Sugar pills and magic water are not like any thing medical let alone like all things medical. There is a clue in the description: they are water and sugar, this is not medicine.

'Consult with a classically trained homoepath...'

-Homeopathy is tantamount to fraud. Ask yourself why the Advertising Standards Authority prosecutes any claim that is tantamount to to a claim to cure anything. It is Victorian snake oil. There is nothing Classical about it in any sense or meaning that is usually attributed the to word classical.

'Some things in this world are not yet understood by science, and maybe never will be. It matters not.'

-Maybe. However, Homeopathy IS UNDERSTOOD BY SCIENCE and can easily be understood by anyone who does not have exotic soft fruits for a brain. Homeopathic recipes are water that has been banged on a leather block and had an incantation muttered within its presence. This is not difficult to understand and it has been understood since it was invented in victorian times.

Sorry to rattle on but homeopaths take advantage of impressionable and vulnerable people and should never be tolerated.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Yournamehere said:

Oh dear lord forgive him for he has a cumquat for a brain

'No, sorry, homoeopathic treatment has a long history of success'

-No it doesn't.

-Just as things sometimes get better when you do nothing, so they also sometimes get better when you take a sugar-pill or some bat's eyes. This does not mean 'doing nothing' sugar pills or bat's eyes 'work' it just means that after a couple of days, some things get better on their own.

'Like all things medical, you need to know which remedy to take for what ailment, and when.'

-Sugar pills and magic water are not like any thing medical let alone like all things medical. There is a clue in the description: they are water and sugar, this is not medicine.

'Consult with a classically trained homoepath...'

-Homeopathy is tantamount to fraud. Ask yourself why the Advertising Standards Authority prosecutes any claim that is tantamount to to a claim to cure anything. It is Victorian snake oil. There is nothing Classical about it in any sense or meaning that is usually attributed the to word classical.

'Some things in this world are not yet understood by science, and maybe never will be. It matters not.'

-Maybe. However, Homeopathy IS UNDERSTOOD BY SCIENCE and can easily be understood by anyone who does not have exotic soft fruits for a brain. Homeopathic recipes are water that has been banged on a leather block and had an incantation muttered within its presence. This is not difficult to understand and it has been understood since it was invented in victorian times.

Sorry to rattle on but homeopaths take advantage of impressionable and vulnerable people and should never be tolerated.

Well I'm afraid you will simply have to tolerate their existence, like it or not, they're not going away. By the way, your own royal family use homoeopathic preparations...your rant is the typical one, I've heard it so many times...tonight, if/when my acid reflux plays up about ten minutes after turning in, I will do as I always do and take a Lycopodium C30 from the bottle on my nightstand. The pain will instantly get worse for five seconds, then subside completely for the rest of the night. My girlfriend is well studied in homoeopathy, and we went through five or so different remedies before we tried Lycopodium (spagnum moss). None of the other worked for my thing, Lycopodium works every single time. I have lost count of the smashed fingers cured with immediate Hypericum, never to trouble again. Same with bad bruises, burny pee, hangovers, sinusitis et al. For serious injuries, modern medicine is great, no question. Thorn in finger? DIY and don't worry about it, the worry is more dangerous to the immune system than the infection IMO. By the way, homoeopathy works on animals. Top racehorse guys use it on their horses as it produces no side effects. You will be a believer when you see a chronically anxious dog change temperament after a remedy.