motivation

Stephen Blair

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really interesting to read about fatherhood stuff here. I don't have children but I have two nephews; 12 and 17 year old boys. When they visit and I do the Uncle thing, I frankly find little to praise them for. I admit that the way they live their lives is different to mine thus I am biased and would be more encouraging to children who had a healthy interest in healthy pursuits and practical matters, not kids who might excel at debating yet be utter crap at anything that involves physical effort or a self disciplined work ethic. Efeminate hairstlyed, scared of hard work adolesents not my cup of tea as you can tell. Thus sayeth Mr Harsh.

I come home to three of those every night 15,16 and 18 and unless you spoon feed them everything they cant do it, not mine by the way I've only been responsible for them for the last three years, thier dad thinks that playing online poker and watching jeremy kyle is a job and the three of them stand with thier hands out every time a new computer game comes out :sneaky2:

Classic example, came home tonight, and eldests wrapped in a blanket on the couch, saying he's cold cos the fires gone out, said why didnt you put some logs on it then? well I didnt know how to work it, god help em :lol:

I come home to three of those every night 15,16 and 18 and unless you spoon feed them everything they cant do it, not mine by the way I've only been responsible for them for the last three years, thier dad thinks that playing online poker and watching jeremy kyle is a job and the three of them stand with thier hands out every time a new computer game comes out :sneaky2:

Classic example, came home tonight, and eldests wrapped in a blanket on the couch, saying he's cold cos the fires gone out, said why didnt you put some logs on it then? well I didnt know how to work it, god help em :lol:

Here they are the latest reps of the next generation of celeb wannabes. My idea? 1) National Service. 2) A year on a Trawler. 3) Give em an MS880 and send them to Oregon to fell big timber on their own. No hair straighteners, no video games, no msn or anything else of that crap. Just a saw, some ppe. Make em learn to build a shelter, start a fire, find food and do some flippin' work! Pathetic, the lot of em!

bl-gottiboys1.jpg.93bcb7f12e42b32f853adeaeaa4c836b.jpg

59765502b96c1_LatestandPopularTeenageBoyHaircuts5.jpg.3fbc4fef813e257867c95cd502239d26.jpg

ice_broch_definer01B.jpg.2af0c0905134f8e522f7f8671e5c8ecc.jpg

59765502b2af2_LatestandPopularTeenageBoyHaircuts2.jpg.1cb1628e5b4ae14327448a56f1d74694.jpg

M youngest is 18. He finishes work at 3.30pm, home by 4. He walks the dog, he'll cook "proper" meals (not out of a packet) he'll chop sticks and light a fire. He pays board (not a lot as he's on a part-time wage atm) He likes the home comforts, and pulls his weight. I dont badger or cajole him to do it, if he wants to eat and be warm its obvious what he has to do.

Here they are the latest reps of the next generation of celeb wannabes. My idea? 1) National Service. 2) A year on a Trawler. 3) Give em an MS880 and send them to Oregon to fell big timber on their own. No hair straighteners, no video games, no msn or anything else of that crap. Just a saw, some ppe. Make em learn to build a shelter, start a fire, find food and do some flippin' work! Pathetic, the lot of em!

:lol: You've met our three then? :lol: If theres no micro meals or instant pasta they'd rather sit and be hungry than try and cook something, I know I used to fall out with my mum and dad regular when i was younger but me mum always said by the time you leave home you'll be able to cook, and look after yourself, and i can, although my Mrs would occasionally argue the point on the cooking :lol: mind guess I had it different growing up on a farm, you had to get out and help, I was doing all the tractor work by the age of 13 and using chainsaws by 14 and had my own business first time round by 17, nobody wants to graft anymore :sneaky2:

I would not want to be told to live like them and so will not tell them to live like me.

Live and let live I say!!.

I blame the modern culture health & safety here there and everywhere, kdis going on work experience arent allowed to do naff all. parents keep them ndoors as it is deemed unsafe to let them out. We have created a Cotton Wool culture, and are reaping the rewards as such.

Agree 100%, My mrs lad is 6 and she wont even let him pour his own drink incase he spills it on himself WTF, Makes me soooo angry how she wraps him in cotton wool, But then will moan at him for being 6 and not being able to do a thing for himself!!!! Madness!!!!!

Yep a bit to ott for not letting kids do anything for themselves, but its probably better than what I see all the time, 2 year olds left to either fend for themselves or are being looked after by the older brother/sister (by about 4 years!).

There are more than enough waster parents out there to make up for the over protective one's.