Unimog Alternatives?

hc1982te

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use my old ford for fencing, pull a mini digger trailer behind it with the post knocker on as the mini digger trailer has a longer drawbar and carry enough materials for 100 metres which is a steady days work on your own and can then get someone else to bring landy and the ifor williams with more materials if am going on a bigger job, kiss principle :thumbup1:

• 2 months later...

bit late on this topic but im a newbie, i used to own a marmon simca, ex french nato thing, far superior to a 101.coil sprung,air locking diffs, hi/lo 2wd/4wd. mine came origanily with ford v8 petrol but i put a ford d series 4 cylinder diesel in it! tax and mot exempt. check out....Army Farm inventory thats where i got mine from. my brother in law bought mine off me for a shoot bus and its actualy up for sale atm!

bit late on this topic but im a newbie, i used to own a marmon simca, ex french nato thing, far superior to a 101.coil sprung,air locking diffs, hi/lo 2wd/4wd. mine came origanily with ford v8 petrol but i put a ford d series 4 cylinder diesel in it! tax and mot exempt. check out....Army Farm inventory thats where i got mine from. my brother in law bought mine off me for a shoot bus and its actualy up for sale atm!

How did you manage that mate?

welcome to the forum:thumbup1:

i think you will find Phil has stopped selling them now for the past 4 or so years

i think you will find Phil has stopped selling them now for the past 4 or so years

has he? thats a bugger, he did say the last time i spoke to him that the exchange rate wasnt makeing bringing them over that feasible much longer! they still turn up on ebay from time to time. if i had the space id get one again in an instance, great fun and awsome off road!