Husqvarna Chain Snapped ! is this common ?

Bustergasket

Hi, i have always been a stihl user, recently i have given husky a go and have to say all was good for a bit, but after a few months things went bad, had a new top handle battery saw, used it outside while it was raining, that’s now dead, then the 550 did this to the chain, now on inspecting it can be seen the pin has sheared, both ends of rivet are still engaged with the side plates, i have never seen this on a stihl chain, is this a common failure, it’s the original chain, and it’s genuine husky, never been abused IMG_2977.jpg iam not loving the husqvarna’s so much now and felt bad dusting off the old stihl, which have to say started up and finished the job despite been retired for nearly a year !IMG_2960.jpgIMG_2958.jpg the failed chain was running on the 550, appreciate your thoughts, cheers

I use 536Li xp saws and also had one pack up on a wet day. It was in my workshop for about a week with no change before being taken back to the dealer who rang me after a couple of days to say he could find nothing wrong with it. It has been fine since but I've been wary of wet weather use

Have had a lot more stihl chains snap than Husqvarna , especially when they lightened up the DL’s with the hole in the middle I believe for better oiling .... I recall snapping them weekly with one time being in a tree and reving up a 200 and the chain snapping and flinging off in to the sunset over gardens because some where in the last few chains breaking the chain catcher had been torn off!

Have to say the battery saws I have, have never missed a beat and they have had some real abuse in all weathers! 

The 550 chain breaking is unlucky but it’s an Oregon chain not the husqvarna own chain which is only available in 1.3 050 at the min. Not had one of those break yet.