Ripped off by tree surgeons

Martin95

3 minutes ago, stihlmadasever said:

Your sayin he lives on a farm,goes on farming forums and is a tight arse but he's not a farmer...

Maybe..

but if i was a gambling man id say he's farmer...

If it looks and smells like shite..

Odds on its shite...

Just offering a second possibility. He could be an outsider who has bought the farmhouse and the locals aren't too fond of him. Maybe he has accused some of them of ripping him off as well. Who knows until he comes back? :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, felixthelogchopper said:

Just offering a second possibility. He could be an outsider who has bought the farmhouse and the locals aren't too fond of him. Maybe he has accused some of them of ripping him off as well. Who knows until he comes back? :)

Something tells me he's read half of this thread and decided best not come back.

We do come across as a thoroughly understanding bunch :D

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, stihlmadasever said:

Your sayin he lives on a farm,goes on farming forums and is a tight arse but he's not a farmer...

Maybe..

but if i was a gambling man id say he's farmer...

If it looks and smells like shite..

Odds on its shite...

I live on a farm, but I wouldn't describe myself as a farmer..  If someone described me as a farmer I think I'd die of embarrassment.

Perhaps this farmer is just a bit careful with his money, and especially so with so many shysters tryin it on...  then there's the wife, anyone knows that its a lot easier to over-quote a woman than a man..  perhaps thats whats really peeved him off..

first off he wanted a quote, but got a visit. to make matters worse they gave the price to his wife..  knowing the fella would of quoted high for the wife..

9 minutes ago, Vespasian said:

first off he wanted a quote, but got a visit. to make matters worse they gave the price to his wife

Nope the wife got the quote as the wife contacted the tree surgeon to get a quote.Always best to do a quote on site as pictures can be very misleading.

Also whats wrong with giving a female a quote?

Are they incapable because theyre all giggley and have boobies..

Women are just as capable as men when dealing with workmen quoting for jobs.

Sounds like a little misogyny in your tone fella...

• Like 1

He is probably a nice bloke who was annoyed, let’s give him the benefit of the doubt. I think the original post was a little tactless (unless he was trolling, in that case it was excellently worded) but this has descended into name calling. It annoys a lot of people, me included, that the industry is undervalued and pricing jobs at wages + overheads with no profit or thought for kit replacement, insurance etc. is a definite problem but I have a few friends who are farmers and they are decent people doing a hard job. Let’s try and not get offensive, it does not make us look too good.

• Like 10

32 minutes ago, stihlmadasever said:

Nope the wife got the quote as the wife contacted the tree surgeon to get a quote.Always best to do a quote on site as pictures can be very misleading.

Also whats wrong with giving a female a quote?

Are they incapable because theyre all giggley and have boobies..

Women are just as capable as men when dealing with workmen quoting for jobs.

Sounds like a little misogyny in your tone fella...

evidence suggest garages will charge woman more than a man if they take their car to be serviced, fixed..   why? because men can be arseholes to woman and most men know it..  I'm sure most fella's take their own car or even the wives if it needs fixing, I wonder why?..

So, this fella gets a visit to price his tree's and his wife receives the tree cutter downer and consequently feels he's been over quoted..   I wonder why he'd think that?...   

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Vespasian said:

evidence suggest garages will charge woman more than a man if they take their car to be serviced, fixed..   why? because men can be arseholes to woman and most men know it..  I'm sure most fella's take their own car or even the wives if it needs fixing, I wonder why?..

So, this fella gets a visit to price his tree's and his wife receives the tree cutter downer and consequently feels he's been over quoted..   I wonder why he'd think that?...   

And what evidence have you got to back up your claims?

Is this real evidence with a study to back it up or are we talking preconceptions in your head that seem perfectly normal to you due to your sexist opinion.

You are jumping to some conclusions wirh your last statement but to be fair its difficult to work out just what is going on in the "farmers " head.

It boils down to the fact that most folks think tree work is a doddle and all you do is cut down a tree with a chainsaw,

i mean it'll only take 5 minutes,so they expect the price to match a predisposed attitude.unfortunatly most tree surgeons come across this all to frequently.

Joe public dont understand we have to run a business with all the costs that entails.

• Like 1