My splicing attempts

old snake

[quote name='Monkeyd']Hi OS, Casper has a question....

what splice did you use on the Beeline, and are you protecting the eyes?

I used a locking brummel splice on it. You have to pull the inner core out to do it and then slide th outer sheath back over. Apperently you just dip the eyes in some liquid whipping type stuff.

If you check the house of splice out on the tree house forum there's some really good stuff in there.

How's casper getting on with the splices? Any pictures?

Edited by old snake
Forgot to ask a question

Drew, have you spliced both ends of the Ap, and if so, is it a double braid splice?.

Technically AP should be a type 2 splice as the core is made from Dyneema.

I spliced up a length with standard class one splices but i've never used it.

I don't like the idea of using it as a prussic due to the low melting point of the dyneema core.

splicing it correctly it should have a long class 2 bury but this would make the cord very stiff.

Jamie

yeah AP should be a class 11 splice but the outer is so strong its ok to be spliced as a class1. when weve destroyed them, all the class1 splices held up strong enough, easily. I think a new version of AP will be out soon with a poly core, but Ropey will have to comment on this. I agree that the dyneema core isnt the best as a prussic material but the outer stops this being an issue, ive never had the core melt or change from a quick descent yet but your points are very valid jamie.cheers bro. and yeah david, its spliced at both ends, double braid.

I bet that rope was a nightmare!!! haha. Get your purse out and buy him some new rope to play with:001_tongue:.

Nice work though,looking very tidy:thumbup1:

Ive just ordered a load of tenex from nod,im gonna make some whoopie and loopies up soon:biggrin:

:lol: very nice!! Not had a go with blaze yet but hopefully soon. What was the hardest thing about it,was it burying it at the end?

I did some old tachyon and that was a git to bury!!!

So when do we get to see your attempt monkey:001_tongue:

Yeah, final bury was an epic apparantly.

He's on a roll atm, putting an eye on my lanyard now :001_smile:

My three strand splicing days still haunt me at quite lonely moments, but will give the 16 strand a tickle at some point.