My splicing attempts

old snake

looking good

bet it was warmer in your house than my garage:thumbup:

i would be in deep trouble splicing in the house and tying to bannister would get me shot

got some more gas:thumbup::thumbup:

Haha,yeah was lovely and warm indoors. I tied it to the bannister when she nipped in the bath. I just forgot to untie it:blushing:

Nice and warm in the garage now then mate. I take it the other heater will be retired to the top shelf again now!! haha

I have been toying with the idea of an eye bolt somewhere in the house, I have one outside but it's far too cold, just have to persuade the Mrs that it's vitally important.

lol, it might have a double purpose!

some good stuff in here, i particulary appreciated the treemagineers pdf.

I have always liked the look of eye to eye friction hitches, i have at the moment gone over to an 8mm cordage long prusick tachyon for the climbing, helical hitch for the friction, and this is a great hitch and simple, the knots (double fishermans is nice and compact but the option to learn splicing and make my own eye to eye hitch cords is too good to miss out on.

i may do this course myself, but does it certify you as a qualified splicer? sounds to me that it doesnt as a few mention not caring regards to loler?

has anyone used the mechanical advantage system described in the PDF doc from the treemagineers? have tried this set up in various forms once but this looks like a good set up?

• 2 weeks later...

Well other than eating,drinking and modern warfare2 ive managed to do a few more splices.

The scorch was lovely to splice and is by far the easiest 16strand ive done. Im getting alot better at the double braid now...i think:001_tongue:. Not very impressed with my bee line attempt but practice makes perfect! haha.

Cant wait to get back to work and start making some whoopies and loopies. Oh yeah and hopefully a new rope guide:thumbup1:.

If anyone else has some splices they've done then feel free to get your pics up:thumbup:

DSCN2099.jpg.40d47a3f58838ef54b52dc703f8e64d9.jpg

DSCN2098.jpg.7c521005f367a038ba49ba8350f19f98.jpg

DSCN2097.jpg.5aeb8691f52dddca252adf181c927c00.jpg

DSCN2090.jpg.3fd136c4e135ad21805681dfda3231ba.jpg