New chipper

5 shires

Hi GA yes I did all my ground work before deciding on which Chipper to go for last year and even though every man and his dog were going for the forst and good old timberwolf I just liked the look and build of the greenmech and even though the 130 is an entry level Chipper if works and feed correctly in the manner it is made to it is for its size and power a great little Chipper so to go up a bigger engine size to the 150p was a no brainer and as you say the shape is so modern and looks the business and much more pleasing to the eye then the square end of the 150 diesel.i didn't up grade to put bigger materials in just less stress and quicker through put then the 130.must say I would have liked them to stick to the Honda unit  rather then the Briggs & Stratton but I guess these guys know what there doing.?

As Ash says!

130 is the same as the 150 bar the engines and bonnet! The EFI unit is computer controlled so will start pretty instantly, no choke, will handle old fuel better, will alter it's settings for altitude and is more economical than the carb version. I did hear that they can tuned be to a higher output too! Although, I think is more than just meddling with a laptop!

The engine guy calls them Vanguard, the homeowner range of engines are called Briggs and Stratton. The commercial Vanguard are as good as the Honda range but the old B&S tag sticks unfairly.

26 minutes ago, PeteB said:

As Ash says!

130 is the same as the 150 bar the engines and bonnet! The EFI unit is computer controlled so will start pretty instantly, no choke, will handle old fuel better, will alter it's settings for altitude and is more economical than the carb version. I did hear that they can tuned be to a higher output too! Although, I think is more than just meddling with a laptop!

The engine guy calls them Vanguard, the homeowner range of engines are called Briggs and Stratton. The commercial Vanguard are as good as the Honda range but the old B&S tag sticks unfairly.

All sounds pretty good...didn't know bout the altitude thing...can't see much use for it but there you go...it's a lot of Chipper for not much money compared to other sub 750kg machines it's well under the timberwolf 230 and forst st..

I have this engine but went to forst, i have videos on my YT channel you can take a peek. Throughput on the forst is as good as any diesel 6 inch. Its rapid!. Tho the machines themselfs are very different. 

Engine wise, great on fuel, i stack the chip, starts every time, loads of power, responsive. My st6p is faster than my old quadchip 34td. Some suggest its faster than the 6inch diesel (35hp), tho im sure not with 6 inch timber.

37 hp petrol vanguard engine powered wood chipper

Edited by THtreeservices
forgot link

Petrol engines always recover quicker than a diesel. Drive a commercial petrol and diesel mower into some long grass and the difference in mower deck recovery time is night and day.

On 4" type material when the stress control is sometimes kicking in and out a petrol engine will really thrive. A chipper with a quicker feed roller setup but the exact same engine as a competitor will only really discharge chip at the same rate. It may "feel" quicker when its aggressively pulling the material out your hand however.

At 60p a litre for red diesel, its half the cost of petrol

So, lets say your chipper has a 20l tank, and you fill it twice a week, thats an extra £24 a week on petrol, say over 40 weeks a year, thats £960. And thats assuming the petrol engine is as efficient as a diesel, which it isnt.

Sorry, its diesel all the way!

Has nobody had or used the new GM 150p?? Ok looks like down to me to get a review on here next week sometime[emoji848]

Yes we had it on trail last year fir a week, it’s a good machine, petrol is quite and it has a nice pop to the exhaust!

Chipped well enough, the only gripe I had was the stop bar is like a hair trigger and was fir ever getting knocked. We have a 150 diesel as a lightweight fir the young lads and the petrol was just as good imo. A fair step up in production from the 130