Another 40 year old just starting

forestboy1978

Just spent another full day faffing around. 1 hour getting a branch stuck in the crown out and some finer touches. Still not 100% happy with it but I did what the TO told me to do... Might not take on another one like that unless I can figure a way of rigging the whole damn lot with rope and pulleying myself around the tree.

20181203_115519.jpg

20181203_115601.jpg

20181203_142029.jpg

• Like 1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xyaue1r52sg4oln/20181203_142031.mp4?dl=0

Another video of me moaning and bitching. Had to cut a large branch out that was rubbing with another so obviously no pruning point to be had, it just had to go. 

Customers weren't there when finished so no idea what they think but they bettter be happy cos I am not going up that ****er again lol

• Like 1

Good work yr clearly happy getting up a tree and doing the cutting, crown looks tidy n not fucking hammered like the rest of the trees of the UK, but yr struggling with yrself- try two ropes in two opposite anchor points an swing between the two, using yr sidestrop to anchor for cutting. K

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Khriss said:

Good work yr clearly happy getting up a tree and doing the cutting, crown looks tidy n not fucking hammered like the rest of the trees of the UK, but yr struggling with yrself- try two ropes in two opposite anchor points an swing between the two, using yr sidestrop to anchor for cutting. K

You can't see from the pics but I almost entirely had to ropes being used at the same time. At 1 point I had 1 lanyard on a branch above ( I say above, more like above but 10 behind me) and another fixed to another branch and then round a cambiam saver so I could pull myself in or out to get to different places. The problem was the all trunks spread away from each other so there was little point in finding a a high fixed position cos you could only work that particular trunk from it anyway. Dunno, I'm learning rigging which MUST help.

I did enjoy climbing though, I mean actually climbing with no tension on ropes cos often none could be had. I fell too, which was a confidence booster in an odd way. 

• Like 2

Abit like this although it’s not the whole picture, one rope high, the other end out to to the side or high and to the side and yah strop/lanyard holding you in place.

anyhow a fine good job for your 1st. Your gonna be remembering this one ?

C7282903-C1E3-474E-837F-6AB66D39F618.jpeg

Edited by Wonky
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1