Comparing Chainsaws Advantages and Disadvantages

Hodgie

Even numbers, ie 024,044,066, are pro saws.

Odd numbers, ie 017,019,023, are occasional user.

So that would mean the MS180 is a pro saw? I would guess it does as its also available as a top handle, which your not spose to be able to buy without a ticket? Either way I'm sticking to Huskies for the forseeable future :001_tt2::biggrin:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So that would mean the MS180 is a pro saw? I would guess it does as its also available as a top handle, which your not spose to be able to buy without a ticket? Either way I'm sticking to Huskies for the forseeable future :001_tt2::biggrin:

As I put earlier, its a ROUGH guide, if you don't think you are able to spot the exceptions stick to looking in the catalog :001_rolleyes:

Been coppicing a small plot of woodland over the last couple of days, running a ms260 and a Jonsered 2150. I love the balance of the

stihl, but the whole feel and quicker cutting of the Jonsered means it wins hands down, and as for the 346xp, well I always loved these little saws, and will have one when I replace the Stihl. I tried the 357xpg yesterday, and though I did like it, those heated grips are too much in this mild weather!!(I did turn them off when I eventually found the little switch:blushing:) IMO the 260 is a great reliable saw, I've had none of the issues listed above with mine, and makes a good backup/pool saw

Just bought a 346XP - my first Husky after using Sthils,mainly based on advice from on here,and very pleased with it.

It doesn't feel as solid as the sthil initially,but feels very light and manouverable,the fuel seems to last forever ! - must agree that I expect any problems to come from the choke/on/off switch area in the future - very plasticy!

The one and only problem you may encounter with the choke on /off is the earth lead may fall from its staition ,this can be solved in the time it takes to undo the airbox and just slipping it back on...my 357 has just started doing it and i keep meaning to super glue it back but im convinced its only doing it beacause it has a broken carb mount on one side from being hit!

Like i have foundout the problems with this system are fixed in a matter of minutes as every thing just slots in and out and dealers usually have them on the shelf.... i actually find it simple and effective to use....and a lot more reliable than my 200t choke/on off