Media Brainwashing

matelot

Indeed they do Huck - but I would bet my weeks wage that the same RR is down as a business expense and tax allowance that the accountant has screwed thru the books along with the school fees that are now classed as a charity donation ( private schools are registered charities - any 'donation ' = no tax paid ! ) K

3 hours ago, Sequoia said:

Nail technician. Car washers. Shop assistants. Taxi drivers.  Do you think these are the aspirational jobs to which those people aspired?  Or is there a chance that these are proud, educated and moral folk who refuse to sit lazily round taking handouts.

These are vulnerable, desperate people at the sharp end of your views.  In their shoes, I would turn to creative ways to improve my life and that may well involve crime

These low paid migrants will also get handouts, it's one of the main things that annoys me. Why do you think they are "vulnerable and desperate"? 

I think we all agree migrants come to Europe to improve their life's. However do they improve the life's of Brits? When you think about it the main duty of any politician is to look after the interests of their electorate. How is importing migrants that compete for jobs and council housing etc good for the average Brit?

2 hours ago, josharb87 said:

That says to me that the local British brits you would perhaps like to see here lack the aspiration to hold any symbol of status, are perhaps "content" with what they've been born into. (Lazy)

looks like there's actually a good diversity there tbh, I count possibly 9 different country's!

Why is "diversity" such a good thing? The truth is many cultures/ countries have failed. Why does the UK need migrants from failed states like Afgahnistan and Somalia? What lessons does the average afghan have to share with us?

11 minutes ago, skyhuck said:

Presumably you are talking %'s here?

So yes, maybe they pay a lower % tax, but the actual amount they pay will be far higher. They probably pay more VAT on their Range Rover, than the cleaner pays in income tax.

Lies, damn lies and statistics.

Could I change:

"...pay more VAT on their Range Rover..."

to "...Reclaim..."

:thumbup: 

10 minutes ago, Khriss said:

Indeed they do Huck - but I would bet my weeks wage that the same RR is down as a business expense and tax allowance that the accountant has screwed thru the books along with the school fees that are now classed as a charity donation ( private schools are registered charities - any 'donation ' = no tax paid ! ) K

You beat me to it!!  

Can't quite tell if you're an advocate for such "efficiencies" or not though Kriss...?

• Like 1

So you have to read my "repetitive rants"? Are you being held hostage by some madman that makes you read Internet forums? 

The NHS isn't going to exist in a couple of decades if we don't stop mass unskilled immigration. Are you cool with that? Maybe you and the madman have private health insurance and you don't care if the NHS is destroyed?

I think many people will read my posts and silently agree with what I write. Do you think calling me a "troll" wins people over to your side of the argument? At best your "arguments" are best described as infantile. I suggest your parents should ask for a refund from whatever school you went to.

I have to agree with pretty much everything matelot has said. I too have lived and worked abroad. Worked in the middle east and also in America. And comparing the UK to the USA our country and its values are in decline I am hugely proud to be British and proud to have served our country in the forces but these values are not shared nearly as much as they should be.

Yes immigration has its positives but I feel they are wildly out balanced by the negatives.
  • Like 1

Well I can remember when shops everywhere in the UK closed at 5pm - Closed Sundays , car washing you did yrself , no-one drove miles to shop in a huge over priced Mall .......and now look at the UK , and who is keeping shops open 24 / 7 ? Yup ... K

28 minutes ago, Bolt said:

But everything is always going downhill fast.  That is media spin.

It sells content.

5 years ago Europe just never had mass sexual assaults like Cologne. The amount of sexual abuse in places like Rotheram is also "new". 5 years ago Europe wasn't experiencing the amount of terrorist attacks that we are now. So it seems fair to say society is going "downhill fast"..... 

I'd say the media spin has been to ignore these events. It's public knowledge that media ignored Cologne and Rotherham. I Think most people would agree that the media downplay islamic terrorism.....

8 minutes ago, tony_t3d said:

I have to agree with pretty much everything matelot has said. I too have lived and worked abroad. Worked in the middle east and also in America. And comparing the UK to the USA our country and its values are in decline I am hugely proud to be British and proud to have served our country in the forces but these values are not shared nearly as much as they should be.

Yes immigration has its positives but I feel they are wildly out balanced by the negatives.

British values again.

Is there a standard list, or is each set of 'British values' unique to the individual British? 

Do other countries have a published set of values?

Are British values the best?

Is there a national values league table?

What rot. 

What I would call 'British Values' seem to be highly lacking in some posts I have read.