Media Brainwashing

matelot

31 minutes ago, Bolt said:

Errrrr.   If it wasn't for migration, the UK would be uninhabited though, wouldn't it.

tbh, I think calling me a "troll" would be a better argument than that....

Over the last centuries it's been British people that worked/ fought/ died to make Britain a nice place to live. It hardly seems fair that incomers get to come here and enjoy the things that they had no part in making....

It's like building a lovely new house with your own money then the neighbours from the squat next door inviting themselves to stay.

Maybe you should think of some better arguments...

4 hours ago, matelot said:

I can use the evidence of my own eyes to see if the UK has become a better place due to migration....

I walk through my home town and I see migrants doing low skilled jobs like nail technician/ car wash/ barbers/ shop assistant/ taxi driver/ takeaway worker. Yet I'm meant to believe that they pay enough tax to "pay the pension of Brits"? Anyone that knows anything about tax will know they aren't net contributors and there is no way they "will pay the pensions of Brits".

I work in UK construction and see migrants getting paid considerable under the minimum wage. Yet I'm meant to think seeing UK workers get undercut on wages is good for them? Who wants more workers in a country to undermine their wages?

I go to the airport and I have to wait in a queue to pass through security. Why has airport security got so much stricter over the last decades?  I remember as a kid the pilot used to allow kids into the cockpit during the flight. Why did that change? 

But yeah, the BBC tells me immigration is a wonderful thing.

I'd suggest it isn't me that needs "to think for myself". It really should be the people calling me a troll.....

Nail technician. Car washers. Shop assistants. Taxi drivers.  Do you think these are the aspirational jobs to which those people aspired?  Or is there a chance that these are proud, educated and moral folk who refuse to sit lazily round taking handouts.

These are vulnerable, desperate people at the sharp end of your views.  In their shoes, I would turn to creative ways to improve my life and that may well involve crime.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you are a tradesman who's skills are in demand, (whether or not you own it) there is a roof over your head, you never have to worry where the next meal is coming from, you are not politically persecuted, you (clearly) enjoy freedom of speech and have access to the best free health service on the planet.

I admire that you have strongly-held views.....but how about targeting the super-wealthy who put lots of resources towards ensuring they pay less tax than you do, or the foreign owned property in the UK that is permanently empty, travellers who nick our saws and chippers with immunity from Police intervention,  tax-beneficial schemes that only the rich can afford to take advantage of etc.

I'm sure if we met face to face, you would come across as a very decent chap.  I think that you are at the end of a queue to join some far-right group, and i'd like to pluck you from the line and encourage you to add some empathy to your outlook, before they become too entrenched. 

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, matelot said:

Over the last centuries it's been British people that worked/ fought/ died to make Britain a nice place to live. It hardly seems fair that incomers get to come here and enjoy the things that they had no part in making....

...may I ask what part you had in it's making?  I left school at 16 after a free but adequate education and did an apprenticeship in Forestry which led me to Arb 7 years later and then took advantage of an amazing infrastructure to set up and run a successful (little) business which has allowed me to buy a house and raise a family.  I have not 'built' Britain.  I have taken advantage of it.  I have had the HUGE fortune to be born on the right lump of rock on the planet.  Without that fortune I would very likely be some other country's refugee.

1 hour ago, matelot said:

Tower Hamlets hardly looks "British" anymore... You could argue it has been taken over....

image.jpg

That says to me that the local British brits you would perhaps like to see here lack the aspiration to hold any symbol of status, are perhaps "content" with what they've been born into. (Lazy)

looks like there's actually a good diversity there tbh, I count possibly 9 different country's!

1 hour ago, Sequoia said:

Nail technician. Car washers. Shop assistants. Taxi drivers.  Do you think these are the aspirational jobs to which those people aspired?  Or is there a chance that these are proud, educated and moral folk who refuse to sit lazily round taking handouts.

These are vulnerable, desperate people at the sharp end of your views.  In their shoes, I would turn to creative ways to improve my life and that may well involve crime.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you are a tradesman who's skills are in demand, (whether or not you own it) there is a roof over your head, you never have to worry where the next meal is coming from, you are not politically persecuted, you (clearly) enjoy freedom of speech and have access to the best free health service on the planet.

I admire that you have strongly-held views.....but how about targeting the super-wealthy who put lots of resources towards ensuring they pay less tax than you do, or the foreign owned property in the UK that is permanently empty, travellers who nick our saws and chippers with immunity from Police intervention,  tax-beneficial schemes that only the rich can afford to take advantage of etc.

I'm sure if we met face to face, you would come across as a very decent chap.  I think that you are at the end of a queue to join some far-right group, and i'd like to pluck you from the line and encourage you to add some empathy to your outlook, before they become too entrenched. 

It's the super wealthy that tell you to "look over there at the migrants who are taking your wealth" not us.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, matelot said:

But it's not an argument,  you fool, it's a fact.

In order to disprove my fact, let's have the dates when there was no immigration to these Isles. 

I also challenge you to show me where I called you a troll.  You keep banging on about it, so go on, show me.

3 hours ago, matelot said:

It's like building a lovely new house with your own money then the neighbours from the squat next door inviting themselves to stay.

Maybe you should think of some better arguments...

That's a pretty poor argument, most people have not fought or died to make Britain Britain, its like your parents or grand parents worked really hard, destroyed themselves doing so but became millionaires and you inherited it without lifting a finger, just born into it.

Then being a selfish little brat not wanting to share "your" (not yours, but your ancestors) wealth and freedom, you then sit on your backside squandering away your parents hard work watching others make something of themselves and kick up a fuss 

i guess it was and has always been 100% British people fighting for the British isles too right?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, matelot said:

I think many people will read my posts and silently agree with what I write.

On this we agree.

Many people will read you posts and agree with what you write.

What we differ on is that in reality, many more people read your posts and silently disagree.

I would think more again read you post's and don't give a flying stuff either way.

The vast majority avoid your rubbish because they have a life.

In summary, it's the minority that agree with you in my opinion.  Show me why you think my summary is wrong, and I will show you why I think it's right.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, josharb87 said:

That says to me that the local British brits you would perhaps like to see here lack the aspiration to hold any symbol of status, are perhaps "content" with what they've been born into. (Lazy)

looks like there's actually a good diversity there tbh, I count possibly 9 different country's!

No it actually states that local British born people  in this area have moved away .....or in most cases are now the minority  . 

Sad but its a fact .....

This  Government  helps  everyone  but its own ..... Another fact

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, White Noise said:

No it actually states that local British born people  in this area have moved away .....or in most cases are now the minority  . 

Sad but its a fact .....

This  Government  helps  everyone  but its own ..... Another fact

Hang about, are you telling me you think none of those candidates are british born?

That's priceless.

Some people drag themselves up to greatness in this world, whilst others sit about whining.

• Like 2