Whats your multione loader doing today ?

digaholedumper

22 hours ago, shillo said:

Id be interested to see that. thanks

I have an avant 420, i have heard that the avant mower collector is not very good so interested if my 420 would drive the tornado mower.

Here we go then,  We done some serious test work mid summer with the tornado mower & it blew us away with how it worked, We tested it in many types of grass, lawn, woodland walks & road-side grass grass verge ( The good, bad & ugly as far as grass goes ), the machine of choice to power it was a MultiOne 7.2 , the 7.2 has just under 40lpm aux hyd flow, this falls short of what is recommended by MultiOne for the mower to work to its best, we wanted to really give the mower a handicap for the test so less oil going down the pipes seemed like a good idea at the time, the tests were conclusive with the result, this mower is smack on & it works, we tried hard to block it in long grass, as long as you were sensible using it as intended, we failed to block her, even in wet grass, please see attached photos, you might be pushing your luck with 420 as the hyd flow as it is a fair bit short at about 30lpm.  ( our conclusion from the test is that the mower works fine for every day cutting on a MultiOne 7.2, if you need a good quality cut chose a machine with 60lts + hyd flow to get a faster blade speed  ) Look no tubes to block or damage by them hanging out of the side, 

Beddoes Ltd - Shropshire

IMG_20170523_210100152_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170524_080224822.jpg

IMG_20170526_185342844.jpg

Edited by digaholedumper
grammor
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, richy_B said:

How much does it hold? I'd be interested to see it in action. Will there be any on demo in the next 6 months?

It holds enough grass, you have the weight of the mower + grass that might be wet,  it is just right for a mid sized machine, not sure on a demo winter is coming we may struggle to find enough grass, If your in the Powys or Shropshire area we are happy to arrange a demo, otherwise contact Steve Hadfield at MultiOne to find your nearest dealer. Beddoes Ltd - Shropshire.

54 minutes ago, digaholedumper said:

Here we go then,  We done some serious test work mid summer with the tornado mower & it blew us away with how it worked, We tested it in many types of grass, lawn, woodland walks & road-side grass grass verge ( The good, bad & ugly as far as grass goes ), the machine of choice to power it was a MultiOne 7.2 , the 7.2 has just under 40lpm aux hyd flow, this falls short of what is recommended by MultiOne for the mower to work to its best, we wanted to really give the mower a handicap for the test so less oil going down the pipes seemed like a good idea at the time, the tests were conclusive with the result, this mower is smack on & it works, we tried hard to block it in long grass, as long as you were sensible using it as intended, we failed to block her, even in wet grass, please see attached photos, you might be pushing your luck with 420 as the hyd flow as it is a fair bit short at about 30lpm.  ( our conclusion from the test is that the mower works fine for every day cutting on a MultiOne 7.2, if you need a good quality cut chose a machine with 60lts + hyd flow to get a faster blade speed  ) Look no tubes to block or damage by them hanging out of the side, 

Beddoes Ltd - Shropshire

IMG_20170523_210100152_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170524_080224822.jpg

IMG_20170526_185342844.jpg

Thanks a lot for the reply and the photos. Back to the drawing board with my 420 then. the avant collector apparently works well on a 420 just the design is poor apparently. i think its got two blades whereas the tornado has three guess it need more flow? although the cutting widths are the same. but you can take off the collector unit on the avant and side or rear discharge which isn't bad.

9 minutes ago, shillo said:

Thanks a lot for the reply and the photos. Back to the drawing board with my 420 then. the avant collector apparently works well on a 420 just the design is poor apparently. i think its got two blades whereas the tornado has three guess it need more flow? although the cutting widths are the same. but you can take off the collector unit on the avant and side or rear discharge which isn't bad.

The Multione mower dose have 3 blades but in sequence so they don't require any less or any more oil, I have experience of the Avant mower collector, I don't see it working well, a 420 may struggle with the weight & size & then there is the question of oil flow.  Where are you based ?

Edited by digaholedumper
miss quote

7 hours ago, Yorkshire Compact Loaders said:

Why argue there's no need just look at basic specs for example engine size, hydraulic flow and tipping load. I know it's down to personal choice but the MultiOne range is a serious contender.

avant 528 

26 hp flow rate 36l per min tipping load 950kgs 

avant 630 

26hp 44l per min and tipping load 1000kgs

multione 5.3

28hp 42 l per min and a tipping load of 1140kgs 

Are the avant specs with or without counter weights?

The 180kg optional extra counter weight with the 4 series is considerably heavier than the avants recommended 2x29kg counterweights, well recommended to me anyway.

I wonder how much my 420 would lift with 180kg on the back?

10 minutes ago, digaholedumper said:

The Multione mower dose have 3 blades but in sequence so they don't require any less or any more oil, I have experience of the Avant mower collector, I don't see it working well, a 420 may struggle with the weight & size & then there is the question of oil flow.  Where are you based ?

when i said' it works well', what i should have said was that it says in the blurb that it is compatible with the 420! mind you have you seen the youtube vid of the new avant 225 with the same mower collector on it? they don't show how it empties the grass out though!