Nissan Navara or Mitsubishi L200

powcaddy

Dont get me wrong they're nice to drive, my Dad runs 2 of them, they do a lot of towing and both have had various warranty work done, rear axles, clutches, airbags among others. They are really popular round here but for hard work I think they're a bit soft. And they do seem popular with the "Hairdresser" type. Sorry:blushing:

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dont get me wrong they're nice to drive, my Dad runs 2 of them, they do a lot of towing and both have had various warranty work done, rear axles, clutches, airbags among others. They are really popular round here but for hard work I think they're a bit soft. And they do seem popular with the "Hairdresser" type. Sorry:blushing:

nice to drive :laugh1: i would be :lol: if it got nicked i hate it :thumbdown: test drive was ace but now aahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!

Had Navara for 4 years now, 02 plate. Great truck, awesome off road and pulls much better than the l200 IMO. Ive had no problems with it but that maybe to do with the "hairdresser type" that had it before me. Although I would pick the new l200 over the new Navara but im Landy bound:thumbup:

Having ran the l200 for 11 months i have been offered almost what i paid for it last year its on a 54 plate

I have the chance to buy a navara crewcab 04 plate 88000 miles with new engine fiited 12 months ago courtesy of local nissan garage 3000 for cash no vat

Some reports suggest thst the navaras have a better fuel consumption (very likely; L200 struggles around 20-25 mpg) than l200,s and have a better pulling ratio compared to the mitsubishi (ditto)

There again you here about sob stories about navaras i.e clutches,brakes etc.

I have been impressed with the l200 over the past year it had done 107,000 when i bought it now on 114,500 and i have replaced the battery,starter motor,cambelt and it cost 65 to put through mot.......just curious to ask advice on which vehicle to have-the 1 i know or the 1 to buy?????????

any advice gratefully recieved

But for the same reasons in other posts - keep the L200.

Keep the L200!:thumbup1:

I've had my 2001 model for nearly 3 years and it's just turned over 250,000 Km.

Service it regularly and it'll go on - great engines IMO. Her indoors has got a Navara and although it's a bit quicker and torque-ier (if that's word!), it's rattly and none too comfy compared to the L200.

Keep it or get another L200

We have an l200 at work and cant really fault it, its surprisingly good offroad with some good tyres, plus it has rear locking diff, dont know if the nissan has this.

My neighbours got a navara and hes got constant troubles with it.

I might have to convert to the darkside once my landrover is fixed up :sneaky2: