Advice open barn

Timbdunkley

Plus to enclose three sides with planks would cost a mint as its massive open barn

Local sawmill does 2nd grade boards for a keen price for cash, ideal for cladding sheds etc. :thumbup1:

Even if you just did the windward side it would be a start

We used rain stop netting on our wood shed . It's great and let's plenty if wind through. It has eyes sewn in the sides which we threaded high tensile fencing wire through them stapled the wire to the legs. Been up maybe 5 years and still looks good as new.

Need some advice I have a large open barn i.e. Roof and just metal stations to sides its ideal for drying wood but down side is rain at angles comming to wet wood etc

Has anyone used say the green scaffold netting before and is it any use to keep rain out?..i.e. Does it hit netting the run down netting?

Looking for cheap ideas to stop rain etc?!

If you used that kind of stuff, make sure you use timber lats or sonething similar along the edges to spread the strain of the wind.

From our experience with straw stack sheets, if you use eyelets they all rip out in a strong wind but if you sew in a tube or staple it to a timber Katy every other 4 ft you should do fine.

Gale breakers are good but expensive, you can easily fold them back on a dry day though.

Personally I'd Yorkshire board the shed down to 3ft off the floor. We've just done a 132ft shed with 10ft boards and they were about 52p per metre if I recall correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use an open pole barn, closed to within about 4 feet from the top on one of the long sides ( north facing) and open on the other 3 sides.

I stack vented firewood bags 3 high in places where the roof allows with a Manitou, two high at the back. About a foot back on the sides but about 3 feet back from the south facing long side. No Gale breaker or anything else like it.

Logs come out perfectly seasoned, ok the edge ones can get a bit damp but the secret is getting a good airflow through the stack to dry it. Mine are 10 bags wide x from memory 7 deep.

Use properly vented bags, stack them carefully as they will move when they dry and you should be fine.

A