Commercial vehicle recovery cover

csservices

Rac have recovered a few transits for me over the years no problem

Sent from my SM-G930F using Arbtalk mobile app

They did for me years ago but last week when I had a diesel issue when I gave them the reg they said sorry your policy don't cover commercials,

And don't get me started on how they messed up my camping and caravan membership

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They did for me years ago but last week when I had a diesel issue when I gave them the reg they said sorry your policy don't cover commercials,

Yes their policy changed and now commercials up to 3.5 tonnes need to be covered separately, i.e. the registration is the member.

I switched to AA.

HGV I had recovered cost £800 for 40 miles in 2016.

Shame they never told anyone about the change in policy, i took my policy out specifically for my transit and trailer

Green flag do my trannie now £90

RAC are still competitive if you do named vehicles on a fleet cover basis (up to 3.5 tonnes and 3.5 tonne trailer) but in truth even with 50+ vehicles we seldom needed to recover more than three in a year IIRC, which the fitter did and the largest cost in that was paying the driver's wages for the day not worked.

I maintained personal cover for myself and family and in case I got caught out with a works vehicle.

Yates were very good for HGV recovery from London to Surrey albeit expensive.

Shame they never told anyone about the change in policy, i took my policy out specifically for my transit and trailer

Green flag do my trannie now £90

That's a bit rubbish, will have to look into that. Does greenflag cover your caravan as well as trailer and is it for you or per vehicle?

That's a bit rubbish, will have to look into that. Does greenflag cover your caravan as well as trailer and is it for you or per vehicle?

Thats per vehicle and trailer but any driver

My old rac policy was suppose to be me any vehicle and trailer allegedly + camping and caravanning,

they took camping caravan off with out telling me and also commercial vehicle.

My personal car is still under ford warranty so that has breakdown included I doubt it covers trailers i will get a personal policy at some point

Thats per vehicle and trailer but any driver

My old rac policy was suppose to be me any vehicle and trailer allegedly + camping and caravanning,

they took camping caravan off with out telling me and also commercial vehicle.

My personal car is still under ford warranty so that has breakdown included I doubt it covers trailers i will get a personal policy at some point

could do with one that'll cover me in the transit and the car plus chipper and caravan ideally if the rac wont do commercial now. Would prefer not to have pay twice!

Cowan Recovery at Milton Keynes can handle everything you can throw at them, Mark Cowan is the man to talk to, they are not insurers but offer a 24/7 service when you need them. They use other recovery companies on a sub contract basis at distance.

A

AA quoted £208 for two vehicles but didn't ask for vehicle details online quote, couple others I tried said they wouldn't cover the landrover once I put the reg number in, presumably due to age, I know the NFU one automatically cuts off one the vehicle is over 20 years of age.