Arb rates vs forestry...

onesprucetoomany

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats the best part :thumbup1:[/quote

I have got to admit that yes it's the best thing I have ever done even though I spoil it a bit sometimes by worrying if the phone doesn't go for a few days. But that's me being stupid. Saturday I doing a Stump and a quote in the morning racing back home, Mrs R will have packed the little tent in the car and we are off the Dorset til monday. Making life the way you want it is definitely the way to go

Anyone can be a busy fool though. It's easy to fill your diary when you're much cheaper than everyone else.

Why bother though? I was on significantly more than that as a PAYE team leader. My only overhead was my car.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Arbtalk mobile app

Wouldnt say hes a fool just because hes not earning mega dosh joe.The guy has a fantastic reputation,hes ticking over nicely with regular customers throws work my way now and again and can spend time with his young family.

Seems like a great business model too me

Wouldnt say hes a fool just because hes not earning mega dosh joe.The guy has a fantastic reputation,hes ticking over nicely with regular customers throws work my way now and again and can spend time with his young family.

with respect, I would.

I presume he's got a truck, chipper, kit etc. What happens when that needs replacing?

From what I've seen of business owners in this game their day is full of working, quoting, maintenance and admin. For 23k a year?

All good and well having a good reputation, but having a reputation for being cheap is something I can do without.

He's ticking over nicely. Probably not smashing his kit up trying to buy bigger and better to replace the kit that he's smashed. Housing his family and not losing the short time you get to enjoy seeing your kids grow. Yep that's having your life in perfect balance

If you're running your own firm with all the hassle that that brings you need to be on £30-50k or it just isn't worth it. Seriously why bother? Just get a job as a charge hand at the council, no stress and easy work.

If you're running your own firm with all the hassle that that brings you need to be on £30-50k or it just isn't worth it. Seriously why bother? Just get a job as a charge hand at the council, no stress and easy work.

I'd say 50k should be the bottom limit. If a climber can earn 36k a year why would you take all that risk and time to earn just a bit more?